There seems to be some confusion with one of my posts. Actually, the post that’s causing all the confusion is: 200 SUBSCRIBER VIDEO HOP WINNER + GIVEAWAY. This is a reblog from THE JOYFUL SOUL CREATES. I hope this clears up the confusion.
It’s time to announce the winner of my giveaway! Thank you to everyone who took part in the video hop. It really was a lot of fun, and great to hear from you all in the lovely comments you left. Over the course of this hop I actually reached another subscriber milestone – 300 subscribers! I have decided to hold another little giveaway to celebrate this, so be sure to read on for details.
View original post 213 more words
“<🙂>”<🙂>”<ENJOY THE SLIDESHOW!!>”<🙂>”<🙂>”<
Shortcode for Portfolio is
My nephew thought all the sunflowers he planted weren’t going to come up. Boy did he get a pleasant Surprise when he saw that some of his sunflowers actually did grow. In the above picture is my nephew with his sunflowers.
Shortcode for Testimonials is
Your blog really looks good and I really like it. You’ve done a great job putting it together. Kudos to you for setting your blog up so well. How did you do it? Please use contact form testimonials, testimonials on blog posts or both. —daisymae2017—
Love this post as I’m fascinated by the meaning of flowers and studied the carefully before I chose the flowers for my wedding bouquet. Thanks for sharing this and have a lovely day. –Pamela—
Jessica from PersonalGrowth&Success blog said about my post encouragement the following: Love this post! It was right up my alley since I love encouraging others as much well!! Thanks for sharing all of this positivity!! The world needs more of it🙂
YeevanieShepherd of https://yeevanieshepherd.wordpress.com from Her Thoughts~Her Ways Blog. If you haven’t checked out her blog you should. She commented Hey great content and interesting pics . Keep it up. Shortcode for portfolio is Shortcode for testimonials is
After playing around with settings on my blog, I found the Testimonial setting. I have just enabled it. I hope you use it. It’s for kudos only but there is a contact form for suggestions. Once again, I hope everyone uses this feature. I even made a sample testimonial for everyone to see. Thanks In Advance.
Hi everyone and welcome to CRYSTAL AND DAISY MAE’S PHOTO-BLOGGING SITE. We are glad you decided to visit us today because we think you might be able to help us out. Intrigued yet? Well it’s really no mystery what we’re looking for and that is a few guest bloggers. Please don’t be surprised if I contact some of you by e-mail or by WordPress.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for people who are willing to be Guest Bloggers on CRYSTAL AND DAISY MAE’S PHOTO-BLOGGING SITE and possibly let us Guest Blog on your blog sometime in the future.
WHAT YOU CAN BLOG ABOUT
- Cats And Dogs.
- Shelter Work.
- Charity Work.
- Country Living And/Or City Living.
- Appropriate Pictures(I Must Approve Pictures).
- If You Want To Blog About Something Other Than What’s Been Stated It’ll Have To Be Approved.
Please Note that ALL work and titles must be approved my me. Also if you’re going to do a Guest Blog, All Work Must Be Your Own.
WHAT’S NOT ALLOWED
- NO SWEAR WORDS.
- NOTHING POLITICAL
Thank You In Advance for ALL your help!!
Today is day 8 of my blogging course, Branding And Growth: Resurfacing And Sharing Content. Please be patient with me because I’m not so sure I understand what they’re asking but here it goes.
MY TASK: TIPS RESHARE OLDER POSTS
Today my task is to create a social media calendar that you’ll use to reshare older posts. In class we are told if we don’t know what to share here are some tips.
- Share Your Top Posts.
- Share Posts From Other Blogs You Enjoyed.
- Share Relevant Links From Your Internet Reading.
- Share Posts In Other Time Zones Other Than Yours And Those Next To You To Attract An International Audience.
- Have You Written About A Topic That Became A News Item? Share It.
- Share Your Least Popular Post.
MAKING A SOCIAL CALENDAR
So If you start seeing posts you thought you saw and/or read before it’s possible you may have. I’m not on the internet much so probably won’t see much from there. Also part of today’s task is to make a social calendar. If you don’t know how to make a social calendar here are the tips WordPress University gave.
- Friday, April 15: Tweet My “Best Of” Page.
- Monday, April 19: Tweet My Top Post From March.
- Wednesday, April 20: Tweet My Top Post From Last Week.
- Friday, April 22: Tweet My Post From Earlier This Week.
- Monday, April 25: Tweet A Great Post I Found This Week.
This explains things a little better. I appreciate all the help trying to understand this.
TOOLS FOR MAKING A SOCIAL CALENDAR
- You Can Keep Your Social Calendar In A Draft Post On Your Site.
- Create A Calendar Using An App Such As Word For Windows Or Pages If You Use Mac.
- Simplenote Is A Great App That Allows You To Take Notes From Anywhere (On Your Phone, Tablet And Laptop) So It’s Great For Capturing That Idea You Have For Your Social Media Calendar Whenever Inspiration Strikes.
- If You Prefer The Analog Approach, Jot Down Your Calendar Using A Pen Or Pencil In A Notebook.
APPS THAT CAN HELP YOU SCHEDULE YOUR REPROMOTION
- Buffer Is A Great Tool That Allows You To Schedule Posts On Social Media In Advance.
- CoSchedule Is A WordPress Plugin That Allows You To Set Up A Sharing Schedule For Each Individual Post. Note That CoSchedule Works Only With Self-Hosted WordPress Sites.
I don’t know if some of you use a social calendar or not. However, according to WordPress it helps. If any of you have suggestions I will take them under consideration.
Today is day 7 of my blogging course Branding And Growth: Visit The Neighbors.
I am to visit 3 new blogs and leave an encouraging comment on each one to get them to visit my blogs. I’m to find new blogs through the Discover and Recommendation buttons/links.
BLOGS I VISITED
- BBeautiful Blog – Drea Taylor – Visited through the tag #bloggingbranding.
- Flow Art Station – Visited through WordPress Reader.
- Poethead – Visited through WordPress Reader – Also Followed This Blog.
- https://toyosiazeez.wordpress.com– I Visited This Blog Through A Link. They Followed My Blog, CRYSTAL AND DAISY MAE’S PHOTO-BLOGGING SITE . Also Followed This Blog.
While I was thinking about what to do for Sparks I had a thought and that thought was why don’t you do something with the meaning of encouragement. Of course I tried and tried to come up with something else but all I could think of was wanting Spring to get here and the sunshine and the pretty flowers to stay for a while. Then I said to myself, flowers that’s it I’ll do it on flowers. So I looked up on the internet to see what flowers are associated with encouragement and friendship and this is what I found. I have included their meanings as well.
ENCOURAGEMENT AND FRIENDSHIP FLOWERS AND THEIR MEANINGS:
- Acacia, Rose or White – Platonic love/friendship, Elegance.
- Adam’s Needle (Yucca) – Best Friends.
- Arborvitae – True and unchanging friendship.
- Black – eyed Susan – Encouragement, Motivation, Justice.
- Carnation (general) – Fascination, Friendship, Vanity, Worker’s flower, Symbolic for teaching us to find love that is between souls and not purely physical attraction, In the 17th century troops sported carnations as a sign of their bravery, Chosen as the symbol for Mother’s Day in 1907, January birth flower, Used for 1st Wedding Anniversaries.
- Daisy, Gerbera – Friendship, Sadness, Needing Protection.
- Galax – Friendship, Encouragement.
- Gerbera – Gentleness, Friendship, Loyal love, Purity, Strength, You are the sunshine of my life.
- Ivy – Affection, Dependence, Fidelity, Friendship, Wedded love.
- Periwinkle, Blue – Early Friendship.
- Phlox, Pink – Hope of new friendship.
- Rose, Yellow – Friendship or platonic love, Infidelity, Jealousy, Highest mark of distinction, Forgive and Forget.
Due to the fact of so many, furfriends, loved ones passing lately I made up a brief flower list for that to in honor of them.
FLOWERS OF SADNESS AND THEIR MEANINGS:
- Aloe – Sorrow, Grief, Integrity, Bitterness, Wisdom.
- Balm, Bee (Monarda or Bergamot) – Compassion, Empathy, Your “wiles” are irresistible.
- Canna Lily (or Flowering Reed) – Confide in Heaven.
- Clover, White – Think of Me.
- Columbine – Resolved to win, Deserted love, Folly, During the Gothic era the columbine gained a reputation of having powers to ward off evil.
- Dahlia, Variegated – I think of you constantly!
- *Dead Leaves – Sadness (*this is not a flower).
- Everlasting – Constancy, never-ending memory.
- Forget – me – not – Memories, Humility, True love, Exactly as it says, mythology describes this as the flower picked by a knight for his sweetheart before going into battle, One legend has it that God himself called it that because the plant was unable to remember the name it had been given when the world was created, Longing for loyalty.
- Hyacinth, Purple – I’m sorry, Please forgive me, Sorrow.
- Immortal Flowers ( Xeranthemum) – Unfading remembrance.
- Lady’s Seal – Be my support.
- Pansy – Holy Trinity, loyalty, Strengthens the power of the memory, Loving thoughts or “You occupy my thoughts”, Merriment, Thoughtful reflection, German word translating as “little stepmother”, Used for 1st Wedding Anniversaries.
- Periwinkle (general) – Sweet remembrance.
- Primrose – I cannot live without you, Young love, Early youth (childhood), Thoughtlessness, Frivolity, February birth flower.
- Queen Anne’s Lace – Fantasy, Haven, Self reliance, Sanctuary.
- Rose, Black – Deeper feeling of romance, Sense of mystery, Death.
- Rose, Dark Crimson – Mourning.
- Rose, Tea – I’ll remember always.
- Rosemary – Remembrance, Your presence revives me!, Glad you’re here!, Invigorating, Healing balm, Memory strengthener, Devotion, Wisdom, Good luck in the new year.
- Strawflower – Neverending remembrance.
- Sweet Pea – Meet Me!, Blissful pleasure, Tender memory, Departure, Goodbye, Thank you for a lovely time, These flowers are long-lasting after being clipped, April birth flower, Used for 30th Wedding Anniversaries.
- Sweet William – Childhood, Memory, Gallantry, Finesse, Scorn, Grant me one smile.
- Thrift (Cliff Roses) – Sympathy.
- Verbena – Faithfulness, Pray for me, Sensibility.
- Violet Purple – You occupy my thoughts, Blue love.
- Weeping Willow – Mourning.
- Yarrow – Cure for heartache, Good Health, Heals wounds, Dispels melancholy, Sorrow.
- Yew – Sadness.
- Zinnia (general)- Thoughts of absent friends either alive or passed on.
- Zinnia (mixed) – In memory of dear friend.
- Zinnia (Yellow) – Daily remembrance.
My information and some of my pictures are from Flower Meanings, A – Z Flower Dictionary and Flower Pictures , Flower Meanings Chart and Guide to Unique Gift Giving , Images of The Galax Flower and the Graphic Credit for the Purple Hyacinth goes to http://fineartamerica.com.
Today is day 6 of my blogging course Branding and Growth: Dig Deep into a Social Network.
Pick a social network you’ll use to grow your blog, and outline a plan for how you’ll use it.
Network I Picked:
The social network I picked was LinkedIn. I do share on Google+ but use LinkedIn more. I am connected to have my posts shared to my connections On LinkedIn and on Google+ I can only share to my profile and comment. LinkedIn is my best bet. I’ve added sharing buttons so everyone has the opportunity to share my posts.
GUESS IF WE WANT FOOD WE HAVE TO EAT WITH THE DEER!!
Wahoo!! Today is day 5 of my blogging course Branding And Growth: Make the Most of Your Archives which means I’m 1/2 way done. Yeah!!🙂🙂🤗🤗
Integrate a feature to draw traffic to your older content, like a widget, list of related posts, or a “Best of” page. A few ways this can be done is:
- A go-to page compiling your best posts is the simplest way to get readers to older content (or add some links to your About page).
- When writing new posts, refer to past pieces with well placed links. Readers are always engaged with your post, so so pointing them to other content draws them deeper into your blog.
- The Related Posts Feature automatically adds links to other posts your readers might like at the bottom of each post.
- Widgets like Top Posts and Pages, Categories, and Archive Widgets Add a variety of navigation to your sidebar(mine is in the footer).
What I Did:
I put some links across the header at the top of my page. The links are: Home, A Sample Of Crystal’s Photo-Blogging, About And Contact Page. I also have in my footer Top Posts And Pages, Archives: Top Archive Posts and I even have a calendar entitled Crystal’s Calendar. Personally I think I did pretty good. I would love to hear what you think and please do read some older posts.
Today is day 4 of my blogging course Branding And Growth: Give ‘Em What They Want and I am to do live with the design I have for today and take a step back and focus on my content.
Do a basic stats analysis and create an editorial calendar. Also, I am to browse my stats page and ask myself the following questions. Please Note that my answers are in Italics.
- What are your most viewed posts? Topics? Your top posts by number of likes? Sadly today I have only have 1 post that was viewed twice and that was Get Read All Over, In the last week(up to March 5, 2018) I have I have 71 views and my top posts are: ENCOURAGEMENT, Setting Goals, AUDIT YOUR BRAND, Get Read All Over and Photo-Bomb(Deer Style):Wordless Wednesday.That’s for the week From the looks of it my readers like reading Encouraging posts and informative posts.
- Which topics have the most comments?Encouraging posts.
- Are there posts or topics you are surprised are popular? Yes. I think it’s because the posts are positive, encouraging and informative.
- Which times and days of the week bring the most traffic? This question I’m not sure of the answer but my guess is midday to evening.
- Making an editorial calendar? I’m confused here. I schedule a lot of posts so that’s going to be my editorial calendar. What do you think.
Today is day 3 of my blogging course Branding And Growth: Get Read All Over. What does this mean? It means I have to think back to my blogging goals I made and then work on today’s task.
Today’s task is that I have to make sure my site is mobile-friendly, and familiarize myself with the features of a responsive design. The links to see the responsive themes are: Responsive Themes (ALL), Responsive Themes (FREE) and Responsive Themes (PREMIUM). Is my theme responsive? Probably not since it is a retired theme. The one theme I’m looking at is a responsive theme so I might change to that. Please give me your feedback on how my blog looks on a mobile phone, I Pad or computer. Please use the contact form to give me theme suggestions from Responsive themes that are free. Thanks In Advance Everyone.
Today is day 2 of my blogging course Branding And Growth: Audit Your Brand. Today I’m to look at all the ways my blog communicates to visitors to make sure it’s consistent and focused. My blog Title and Tag line should tell my visitors what my blog is about. I just have to explore themes, widgets, headers and etc… What I would like you as visitors and followers to do is let me know your thoughts and suggestions especially for themes and headers. Thanks In Advance. I’ve put a contact form for everyone to use. Thanks Again.
Welcome everyone. I haven’t taken a blogging course in a while so I decided to take a 10 day course in Branding And Growth: Day One – Set Three Specific Goals. I will be keeping everyone up to date on what I’m doing and learning in my 10 day blogging course.
I blog to meet new people, friends and just to have fun. If my blog exceeded my wildest dreams it would have a lot of followers, likes and the perfect theme.
MY 3 BLOGGING GOALS ARE:
- To Have 200 Followers By January 2, 2019.
- To Get 100 Likes By the January, 2019.
- To Find A Theme That Is More Updated Than The One I Have By January 2, 2019.
We all need encouragement daily and I found these encouraging words to be helpful and hope they are helpful and are an inspiration to you. Below is my Spark.