Hi Everyone, hope all is going well with you. Me not to bad not that I can complain nor would it help to complain. Today I would like to update you on how my book is coming along.
As most of you know, I write poems, short stories and yes even books for fun. Lately, I’ve been working on Book 5 of The Royal Murder Mysteries. Writing a book is harder work than you think. There are many steps that go into the writing process? So what are some of those steps. Some of those steps are:
1. Never assume anything.
2. Always and I mean Always make a draft so you know which way your story plot(s) are going.
3. Take notes.
4. Make story bubbles and/or boards.
5. If you plan on writing your book/poem/short story from your ideas in your head, be sure to make brief notes so you don’t forget.
6. Make short goals for yourself. For example, finishing a chapter is something to be thrilled about and finishing the whole is really something to be thrilled about.
7. Once draft is finished, be sure to edit the draft for spelling mistakes, grammar mistakes, formatting mistakes.
8. If you’re lucky enough to be able to submit your draft don’t be to upset if you’re rejected. Take the criticism and make it helpful and useful as to when you submit your draft the second time around and hope for the best.
9. Make a deadline for yourself even if you have no time limit. Trust me, you might just surprise yourself how soon you get your book draft.
10. Finally, never quit. It’s the worst thing you can do.
Now for my book update. Book 5 of The Royal Murder Mysteries is coming along slowly but that’s OK because I’m happy and thrilled to say, I just accomplished another goal. What was that goal you ask? That goal was that I just finished Chapter 4 at 8,218 words. Am I thrilled and happy at what I accomplished so far? You bet. My goal is to have my draft of book 5 finished by December 31, 2020. If I don’t make my goal fine and if I do well great even better. So when do you become an author? Is when you get published? On the contrary. You become an author when you complete your first book/article draft.
I wish all you unpublished and published authors all the best.