Hi everyone, Daisy Mae here. If you don’t know who I am (shame on you). No really, if you don’t know who I am let me introduce myself. I’m Crystal’s pet Cat and the other half of CRYSTAL AND DAISY MAE’S PHOTO-BLOGGING SITE. I help out when something happens that Crystal can’t post.
The reason why she isn’t hear is because well she’s had a rough few months. As the title states, Life hit her and her family hard then through her some curve balls to top it all off. I guess it all started way back in April a few days before April 22, 2021. The Dad had started hurting some and then Mom started getting body aches too. Neither one thought anything about it because Dad was out mowing and Crystal picking up sticks so they blamed it all on either a Sinus Cold, Allergies, pollen and bending to much and using muscles she hasn’t used in a year’s time in Crystal’s case (don’t ask). After almost a weeks time and the pain hadn’t left yet it was then Crystal started suspecting something was off and wrong. 2 days later, Crystal’s youngest sister popped in to check in on everyone and when she heard Dad’s symptom’s she said we’re going to get you tested for COVID and that’s when Crystal spoke up and said, I want tested too. So on April 22, 2021 the day the Dad and Crystal were to get their first vaccine shot well that didn’t happen instead they went to this place called Faster Care. After hearing their symptoms they tested them both and the Dad’s Rapid COVID test was negative but Crystal’s COVID test was positive. The strange part is The Dad’s COVID test that was sent out came back positive and Crystal’s came back positive. That evening The Dad was sent to the ER due to Covid then the Hospital people sent Dad home then the following Monday he went to hospital by ambulance then came home a few days later then on Memorial Day Dad went back to the hospital by ambulance once again. Mom Crystal has gone from being a part time caregiver to a full time caregiver who cooks(well bakes mostly), cleans and cares for her Mother who hasn’t been out of the house for quite some time because her Dermatomyositus and Lupus has made her immobile.
I suppose some bright spots in all this is that Crystal’s Dad is progressing very slowly each and that she has won one big contest and some small ones too. The big contest she won the prizes were a Kindle Fire With Aleza, $150 Amazon Gift Card and a few EBooks.
We want to give a huge thanks to Ellen and “Nurse” Joanie for the Card. The picture of “Nurse” Joanie made my Human Mom smile and she loved it. It lifted her spirits greatly(which she needed might I add). Thanks to all our readers.
Crystal hopes to be back soon but is not sure when but I will pop in to post every now and then.
I’ve added some Cat pictures for Feline Friday. ENJOY!!!!
I would like to be more playful and less noisy (less vocal).
The color of my fur is black and white.
Leaving my Cat Mamma was a difficult choice to make.
I never have trouble sleeping.
Hi Everyone, due to Mom Crystal and the rest of her family caught the dreaded Covid Virus so she won’t be doing Friendly Fill – Ins this week but that’s Ok because I did them. Boy do I hope I get back to my normal real soon.
Hi Everyone, Daisy Mae Here, I have some exciting and thrilling news to share with you all. You see, I had this green pet carrier Mom Crystal used when I was a Kitten and I fit in it real good then I became a Senior Kitty almost a Cougar Kitty Cat. Well approximately a year or two years ago Mom Crystal and her Mom & Dad took me into the Vet for my routine check up no problem right? Well that’s a huge WRONG. You see here is my story in short. The Vet trip started in chaos like it always does because well I don’t like my pet carrier and don’t travel well. Mom Crystal sat in the backseat of the vehicle playing with me and trying to calm me down. Finally we got to the Vet building. Mom Crystal’s Mom stayed in the vehicle while Mom Crystal & her Dad went into the Vet building with me. Just as we turned the corner around the reception desk it happened, my pet carrier fell apart and the roof of it caved in on me and I was trapped even though I tried to get out but didn’t. Finally the nice Vet Tech people saw what happened to me and took us in right away. The vet Tech people even attempted to put my pet carrier back together but to no avail, they put the pet carrier back together backwards and when we got home the Dad took the pet carrier apart and put it together better and stronger. To Say the least, I am afraid to get in my pet carrier now.
Since Mom Crystal has had a blog since 2017, she’s been looking for a new pet carrier online for me. Then just last year on Sweet Purrfections Blog which is a great blog by the way, Mom Crystal got a post from Sweet Purrfections since she follows them and I’m glad she does. Anyhoo, they had this post and did a review on this 5 in 1 pet carrier. Then below the sponsor was giving away this pet carrier. Chances of winning were 50-50 lower for Mom Crystal since she’s not on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Tik Tok and etc…. But one of the chances were to comment and you had to them why you thought you should win the 5 in 1 pet carrier so Mom Crystal told them about my traumatic experience at the Vet. When she found out she had won she was excited, thrilled, shocked and happy for me all at the same time. Ever since this pandemic hit in 2020, I haven’t had a chance to use my new pet carrier yet. Mom Crystal is very grateful.
Hi Everyone Daisy Mae here, Mom and and I wanted to join Brian’s Thankful Blog Hop this week. So what are we thankful for you are probably wondering? We are actually thankful for everything. I know it sounds crazy and how do you be thankful for the bad things. Trust us, it’s not as easy as it as it sounds. We are going to list a few things We’re Thankful for below.
Daisy Mae’s Thankful For?
My Catnip Pads.
My Cat Food.
My Ice Cubes.
Crystal’s thankful for
My Furrever Family.
Covid is almost over.
Lockdown is almost over.
The beautiful place where I live.
My Cats Daisy Mae and Angel Tigger.And so much more…...
I came toread this book by chance actually. Let me explain. The author of this book Kristen McKanagh, the author of this book & series, I follow her newsletter. She was having this fun and zany random drawing of her book Snowball’s Christmas and guess what? I was one of her winners to get the book. I had to post a picture of my pets. The pictures I posted of my pet was of my Cat Snowball. The for the that post is: Snowball . Please check the post out. I was so happy and thrilled to find out I was one of the winners.
Amazon ExcerptOf Snowball’s Christmas
Snowball—an aptly named bundle of feline fur fluff–is thankful to be spending her first Christmas in the comfort of Weber House, the Victorian B&B run by Miss Tilly. Emily Diemer, who cooks for the guests, dotes on Snowball, but she’s not thrilled about another new arrival at the B&B: Miss Tilly’s nephew, Lukas. Which is odd, because Snowball’s animal instincts tell her that Lukas and Emily should definitely be friends.
Everything Emily needs is in this quaint community–including, she hopes, the chance to open her own bakery one day. She doesn’t think much of Lukas for leaving his aging aunt to struggle while he jets around the world taking photographs. But now that he’s here, helping to spruce up the property and getting mixed up in Snowball’s antics, She begins to soften a little. Until she learns what he has planned.
Booklist, Starred Review
Lukas isgoing to sell Weber House so that Miss Tilly can retire. But Snowball is certain that this B&B, and these people, are supposed to be her forever home. Somehow she has to get these stubborn humans to see things through the wisdom of a cat’s eye, and a kitten’s loyal, loving heart…
“Expertlycrafted…the Perfect Christmas treat”
What I Thought Of Snowball’s Christmas
I thought this Snowball’s Christmas was an excellent book and very well written. I loved laughing along with Snowball’s antics and I also loved trying to tell a fictional character what to do. This is a book that tells how a white feline fur ball named Snowball got her furrever home.
I’m so glad I got the opportunity to win this book because reading it made me laugh until I cried. Loved this book.
Will IRead Again & Recommendation
I will definitely read again and I definitely Highly recommend this book. Do me a favor and go buy this book and review it. Something tells me you’ll like this book. I know I did.
A few days ago, Daisy Mae And I asked for Library Cards so we can be officially guests at Amber, Basil and Crew’s Library. They said that they would be happy and thrilled to give us Library Cards and told us what they needed. We obliged. Here are our Library Cards. Thanks Amber, Basil and Crew.
1. Daisy Mae And I started our Blogging Journey well as a fluke. I kept getting all these pop ups and Ads about start blogging WordPress several times a day. I guess you could say we got tired of seeing these ads so we started blogging out of pure curiosity. That was 3 years ago soon to be 4 on CRYSTAL AND DAISY MAE’S PHOTO-BLOGGING SITE and we just celebrated our 4th year over at WELCOME TO CRYSTAL’S SITE(ORIGINALLY COUNTRY LIVING) . You see, I started WELCOME TO CRYSTAL’S SITE (ORIGINALLY COUNTRY LIVING) first which was in Jan. 2017 and started CRYSTAL AND DAISY MAE’S PHOTO-BLOGGING SITE in April of 2017. I have contributed to other blogs and just started another blog this past year in 2020 on the Google/Blogger platform. My blog over there is called TIGGER AND FRIENDS .
2. One thing about my blog or my blogging goal that you accomplished in 2020, that made you most proud. I finished my first 5 book box set draft.That’s right you read that right. I was able to learn how to continue using Classic Editor despite WordPress introducing and implementing The New Block Editor (which I hate might I add).
3. Which of my 2020 posts was most popular with my audience? Why do I think it did so well? Well I was surprised at my most popular post. It seems it was my Home Page/Archives post with 146 views. However after that, is my post A Tribute to Tigger with 53 views. Another popular post was An Unexpected Friendship with 76 views (Sept. 2019). Why did these posts do so well? I think people want to see who I am and what’s our blog about and A Tribute To Tigger did well I think because of the love of Cats, animal lovers, people who love poetry, people just curious to see who we are but most of all our wonderful regular readers.
4. What was the biggest blogging challenge we faced in 2020, and how did we tackle it? Our biggest challenge was trying to make time to put up posts on our blog. How did we tackle it? We posted when we could and “played everything by ear”.
5. What is one thing we learned 2020 that can help us be better bloggers? Actually, the one thing I learned to help us all become better was right after I started blogging. I learned how important a blog title and blog tag is and my one thing we learned in 2020 was how to still be able to use Classic Editor after the Block Editor was implemented.
6. What are our top 3 goals for 2021?
a.To post more.
b. To get more readers andfollowers.
c.To comment more.
d.To start writing a book and get at least part of it completed.
7. In a perfect world, where do we see ourselves and your blog(s) 1 year from now? There is no such thing as a perfect world. With how 2020 was and 2021 started out well we really don’t know. However, we hope things get better all around and we’re still here a year from now. We’re hoping for more posts, followers, readers and so much more.
8. If you had $1,000 to spend on your blog how would you spend it? We would buy a custom domain name and use some money for SEO too. We’re not good SEO/technical stuff.
9. What is one skill we’d like to learn or improve in 2021? SEO/Technical stuff. We hope that gets better.
10. If you could ask the pet blogging community for help with challenge you’re having with your blog, what would it be? MMM… Can only ask 1 question huh? Meowsers that’s a hard question. How can we improve our blog with our SEO/technical stuff and why is it so important? We promise this is all 1 question. We need to ask our wonderful pet blogging community a lot of questions.
1. I hope my furrever family’s love never changes.
2. The luckiest I have ever been was when I got my furrever, loving family.
3. I never thought I would agree with Mom Crystal, but I did.
4. I’m waiting for the day that this COVID thing goes away for good.
1. I hope the love I have for my Cat and other animals never changes.
2. The luckiest I’ve ever been was when I had a pet as my friend.
3. I never thought I would see the day our Capitol Building was breached and stormed, but I did.
4. I’m waiting for the day to come when I see God because I have so many questions for Him.
Also, we ask you all to check out Angel Tigger’s Friendly Fill – In answers over at her blog which can be found by clicking on the following link: FRIENDLY FILL – INS WITH TIGGER and Angel Tigger’s other blog posts are at the following link: TIGGER AND FRIENDS .
Hi everyone, guess who it is? Well did you guess who, hah, hah, hah, hah? If you guessed it’s me Daisy Mae then you’re right. If you are wondering what’s a Secret Paw I can assure you’re not alone. You see the Secret Paw program is similar to the Secret Sister or for you men the Secret Brother Program. The first thing you have to do is whether or not if you want to join. The Secret Paw Program is done on a yearly basis meaning if you want in 2021 you’ll join in November or early December then if you don’t want in the next year no worries, no problem.
When Mom Crystal told me she signed me up for the Secret Paw Program, I was really excited. It meant I got to share Christmas not just with my family but with my Secret Paw. Also, it meant I got to show a special Kitty Cat some love by sending them a special gift.
This ismy 1st Secret Paw Christmas. No, No this isn’t my 1st Christmas. Actually far from it. You see I’m 14 years old, a few months, a few days and a few hours old. Actually next year, I become old enough to become a Crotchety Cougar.
I got my gifts to that special Kitty Cat & Mom Crystal picked out and paid for the gifts. She had the tough job. The package was sent and delivered — Yeah!!
Well guess what? I finally got my gifts from my Secret Paw Yesterday in the mail which was December 12, 2020. Although my gifts came yesterday, Mom Crystal And I only opened the one. I hated to have to wait to Christmas Eve Day to open my gifts, which is tradition at our house. So what did I get? OOOOHHHH…. wait to you hear. I got:
1. A Pet Water Fountain.
2. Fresh Pack Treats — A variety of flavors.
3. 30 oz. Chicken Treats by Temptations.
4. A pole with a feather at the end that extends up to 4 feet.
5. A laser light.
6. Mom Crystal got Goats Milk soap.
That’s right, my Secret Paw was nice enough and thoughtful enough to get Mom Crystal something too.
We want to give a huge Thank You to my Secret Paw and their Human.
You all are probably wondering who my Secret Paw is. So who is it? Well first, let me say I was really surprised who it was. Second, my Secret Paw wasn’t one Kitty Cat like I expected it was group of pets. Their names are: Sherpa, Harry, Puffball, Fang, Queenie and Cappuccino the Bunny plus we can’t forget their human Patty.
I want to thank you all for my nice gifts. I love them and Mom Crystal loves her gifts too. I love them so much, I think I might get in it next year if all goes well.
P.S. If anyone knows what their blog site address is, please let us know. Thanks Again.
Mom Crystal And I Daisy Mae, want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy New Year to you all. We also hope it will be a healthy and safe 2021 too.
Daisy Mae And I are just heartbroken. We found out today more of our Kitty Cat friends have earned their wings and passed over The Rainbow Bridge. With 2020 being rough on us all in one way or another and Christmas around the corner, we’ve a lot to do including keeping 2020 at bay. The year 2020 has taken so many of our pets and Kitty Cat friends and made their Human owners heartbroken and really, really sad.
In the last few days, we have found out that we need send condolences to more Human pet owners. This time, they lost their Kitty Cats. To give these pet owners condolences please visit their sites and leave a comment. The most recent pet owners who lost a pet are:
Miss Ellen at 15 AND MEOWING who just lost Jinx, her beautiful Kitty Cat.
These 3 Kitty Cats joined the other pets who passed in 2020 and before and left their owners heartbroken. Although right now sadness and plenty of tears are in these pet owners eyes, in time their pain will ease but one thing is 100% for sure and that’s they’ll never forget their pet they lost.
Although all the pet owners who lost a friend in 2020 and before are sad right now always remember, your pet may not be by your side but will always be in your heart.
Your memories are golden of your pet and are meant to be shared with your friends & family. I don’t know what else to say Daisy Mae And I are just heartbroken at these deaths and so many happening too.
For those of you skeptical of The Rainbow Bridge, I assure you that there is a pet heaven too. Now I never heard of The Rainbow Bridge until I started blogging but always believed that there was a Pet heaven. God loves all his animals and will always love them.
To those who recently lost a pet, our condolences. If you ever lost any type of pet in 2020 or before, you know the heartbreak of losing a pet. Yes, I even know that heartbreak and sadly have experienced many times over like some of you probably have.
Best Wishes To All Of You.
Always remember my friends, Cats leave paw prints on our hearts.
Cyber Monday 2020 has come and is almost over. Some places like Amazon had Cyber Monday longer than just 1 day. How many of you were shopping all day? I usually don’t shop on Cyber Monday but this year I did. You see I got into this Christmas Program called Secret Paws well Daisy Mae did and I just get to spend the money[more about that in a later post]. I’ve had fun shopping on Amazon for the past few days and finally put my order in tonight. I can’t wait to hear about your Cyber Monday shopping adventures and things went. I know just when I thought I had my gifts and set to order Amazon, they said the items couldn’t be shipped to that address. Not one item so back to the drawing board.
Hi everyone and Happy Early Halloween. Daisy Mae And I hope you get lots of treats and toys. Daisy Mae is hoping for extra treats. Of course she will most likely get that and lots of scritches, cuddled and loving too. If I know Daisy Mae, she may go up to the master bedroom by the register on her Gobble, Gobble Turkey catnip pad she won from Ellen at 15AndMeowing. She loves that Gobble, Gobble catnip pad. Now onto Friendly Fill – Ins.
Daisy Mae’s Answers
1. I keep warm by sleeping by the register for most of the day but I do stay active some of the day.
2. I don’t need to be so demanding with Mom Crystal and her family but I want to be so demanding so I get my own way MOL, LOL.
3. I would want Here lies a smart, demanding and bossy Cat to be etched onto my tombstone.
4. If I heard something go bump in the night, I probably wouldn’t hear it unless it’s really loud because my hearing is going.
1. I keep eating a small meal for Dinner and a semi – big meal for Supper but don’t lose any weight.
2. I don’t need a Cat but I want a Cat hence the reason I got Daisy Mae 14+ years ago.
3. I would want a picture of a Grey Striped Tabby Cat and hear lies a feisty redhead that loves Cats and animals to be etched on my tombstone.
4. If I heard something go bump in the night, I probably wouldn’t think to much of it because I would think it’s Daisy Mae, something going on outside with the neighbors, some of the wildlife or something with house since the house is 105+ years old.