Today is day 9 of 10 of my blogging course Branding And Growth. Today’s assignment sounds interesting and fun. Today we will be talking about how to Grow Your Audience With Guest Posters.
Find a Guest Poster. If appropriate, plan to publish guest posts on one another’s blog. Does this really work(Bring in new readers to your blog)? I must say it does work. I’ve had a guest post on Katzenworld, Pets Overload and the only had one blog that ever guest posted on my blog and that was The Recipe Hunter.
WHAT I’M LOOKING FOR
I’m looking to find a guest blogger to post on my personal blog CRYSTAL AND DAISY MAE’S PHOTO-BLOGGING SITE. For those not familiar with this blog of mine it’s about Photos, Blogging, Animals, Family, Poetry And Much, Much More. I also hope to be a guest blogger on your blogs too. Another thing I would really like is to start a really good blogging friendship with everyone. I like meeting new people and making friends through blogging. So I hope to get some guest posts. If you are interested on my blog please use the Contact Form below. PLEASE NOTE: I MIGHT CONTACT SOME OF YOU BY E-MAIL OR BY YOUR CONTACT FORM ON YOUR PERSONAL BLOG.
Today is day 8 of my blogging course, Branding And Growth: Resurfacing And Sharing Content. Please be patient with me because I’m not so sure I understand what they’re asking but here it goes.
MY TASK: TIPS RESHARE OLDER POSTS
Today my task is to create a social media calendar that you’ll use to reshare older posts. In class we are told if we don’t know what to share here are some tips.
- Share Your Top Posts.
- Share Posts From Other Blogs You Enjoyed.
- Share Relevant Links From Your Internet Reading.
- Share Posts In Other Time Zones Other Than Yours And Those Next To You To Attract An International Audience.
- Have You Written About A Topic That Became A News Item? Share It.
- Share Your Least Popular Post.
MAKING A SOCIAL CALENDAR
So If you start seeing posts you thought you saw and/or read before it’s possible you may have. I’m not on the internet much so probably won’t see much from there. Also part of today’s task is to make a social calendar. If you don’t know how to make a social calendar here are the tips WordPress University gave.
- Friday, April 15: Tweet My “Best Of” Page.
- Monday, April 19: Tweet My Top Post From March.
- Wednesday, April 20: Tweet My Top Post From Last Week.
- Friday, April 22: Tweet My Post From Earlier This Week.
- Monday, April 25: Tweet A Great Post I Found This Week.
This explains things a little better. I appreciate all the help trying to understand this.
TOOLS FOR MAKING A SOCIAL CALENDAR
- You Can Keep Your Social Calendar In A Draft Post On Your Site.
- Create A Calendar Using An App Such As Word For Windows Or Pages If You Use Mac.
- Simplenote Is A Great App That Allows You To Take Notes From Anywhere (On Your Phone, Tablet And Laptop) So It’s Great For Capturing That Idea You Have For Your Social Media Calendar Whenever Inspiration Strikes.
- If You Prefer The Analog Approach, Jot Down Your Calendar Using A Pen Or Pencil In A Notebook.
APPS THAT CAN HELP YOU SCHEDULE YOUR REPROMOTION
- Buffer Is A Great Tool That Allows You To Schedule Posts On Social Media In Advance.
- CoSchedule Is A WordPress Plugin That Allows You To Set Up A Sharing Schedule For Each Individual Post. Note That CoSchedule Works Only With Self-Hosted WordPress Sites.
I don’t know if some of you use a social calendar or not. However, according to WordPress it helps. If any of you have suggestions I will take them under consideration.
Today is day 7 of my blogging course Branding And Growth: Visit The Neighbors.
I am to visit 3 new blogs and leave an encouraging comment on each one to get them to visit my blogs. I’m to find new blogs through the Discover and Recommendation buttons/links.
BLOGS I VISITED
- BBeautiful Blog – Drea Taylor – Visited through the tag #bloggingbranding.
- Flow Art Station – Visited through WordPress Reader.
- Poethead – Visited through WordPress Reader – Also Followed This Blog.
- https://toyosiazeez.wordpress.com– I Visited This Blog Through A Link. They Followed My Blog, CRYSTAL AND DAISY MAE’S PHOTO-BLOGGING SITE . Also Followed This Blog.
Today is day 6 of my blogging course Branding and Growth: Dig Deep into a Social Network.
Pick a social network you’ll use to grow your blog, and outline a plan for how you’ll use it.
Network I Picked:
The social network I picked was LinkedIn. I do share on Google+ but use LinkedIn more. I am connected to have my posts shared to my connections On LinkedIn and on Google+ I can only share to my profile and comment. LinkedIn is my best bet. I’ve added sharing buttons so everyone has the opportunity to share my posts.
Wahoo!! Today is day 5 of my blogging course Branding And Growth: Make the Most of Your Archives which means I’m 1/2 way done. Yeah!!🙂🙂🤗🤗
Integrate a feature to draw traffic to your older content, like a widget, list of related posts, or a “Best of” page. A few ways this can be done is:
- A go-to page compiling your best posts is the simplest way to get readers to older content (or add some links to your About page).
- When writing new posts, refer to past pieces with well placed links. Readers are always engaged with your post, so so pointing them to other content draws them deeper into your blog.
- The Related Posts Feature automatically adds links to other posts your readers might like at the bottom of each post.
- Widgets like Top Posts and Pages, Categories, and Archive Widgets Add a variety of navigation to your sidebar(mine is in the footer).
What I Did:
I put some links across the header at the top of my page. The links are: Home, A Sample Of Crystal’s Photo-Blogging, About And Contact Page. I also have in my footer Top Posts And Pages, Archives: Top Archive Posts and I even have a calendar entitled Crystal’s Calendar. Personally I think I did pretty good. I would love to hear what you think and please do read some older posts.
Today is day 4 of my blogging course Branding And Growth: Give ‘Em What They Want and I am to do live with the design I have for today and take a step back and focus on my content.
Do a basic stats analysis and create an editorial calendar. Also, I am to browse my stats page and ask myself the following questions. Please Note that my answers are in Italics.
- What are your most viewed posts? Topics? Your top posts by number of likes? Sadly today I have only have 1 post that was viewed twice and that was Get Read All Over, In the last week(up to March 5, 2018) I have I have 71 views and my top posts are: ENCOURAGEMENT, Setting Goals, AUDIT YOUR BRAND, Get Read All Over and Photo-Bomb(Deer Style):Wordless Wednesday.That’s for the week From the looks of it my readers like reading Encouraging posts and informative posts.
- Which topics have the most comments?Encouraging posts.
- Are there posts or topics you are surprised are popular? Yes. I think it’s because the posts are positive, encouraging and informative.
- Which times and days of the week bring the most traffic? This question I’m not sure of the answer but my guess is midday to evening.
- Making an editorial calendar? I’m confused here. I schedule a lot of posts so that’s going to be my editorial calendar. What do you think.
Today is day 3 of my blogging course Branding And Growth: Get Read All Over. What does this mean? It means I have to think back to my blogging goals I made and then work on today’s task.
Today’s task is that I have to make sure my site is mobile-friendly, and familiarize myself with the features of a responsive design. The links to see the responsive themes are: Responsive Themes (ALL), Responsive Themes (FREE) and Responsive Themes (PREMIUM). Is my theme responsive? Probably not since it is a retired theme. The one theme I’m looking at is a responsive theme so I might change to that. Please give me your feedback on how my blog looks on a mobile phone, I Pad or computer. Please use the contact form to give me theme suggestions from Responsive themes that are free. Thanks In Advance Everyone.
Today is day 2 of my blogging course Branding And Growth: Audit Your Brand. Today I’m to look at all the ways my blog communicates to visitors to make sure it’s consistent and focused. My blog Title and Tag line should tell my visitors what my blog is about. I just have to explore themes, widgets, headers and etc… What I would like you as visitors and followers to do is let me know your thoughts and suggestions especially for themes and headers. Thanks In Advance. I’ve put a contact form for everyone to use. Thanks Again.
Welcome everyone. I haven’t taken a blogging course in a while so I decided to take a 10 day course in Branding And Growth: Day One – Set Three Specific Goals. I will be keeping everyone up to date on what I’m doing and learning in my 10 day blogging course.
I blog to meet new people, friends and just to have fun. If my blog exceeded my wildest dreams it would have a lot of followers, likes and the perfect theme.
MY 3 BLOGGING GOALS ARE:
- To Have 200 Followers By January 2, 2019.
- To Get 100 Likes By the January, 2019.
- To Find A Theme That Is More Updated Than The One I Have By January 2, 2019.
Day 10 has come and gone and guess what everyone you know what that mean? You guessed it if you said I completed another course. I’m so happy to be done. It wasn’t as easy as they made it sound. Below is what we covered.
- How to use preformatting to space text exactly as you like.
- How to control line breaks and indentation.
- How to create columns.
- How to add tables.
I’m grateful to be done. Now I think it’s time for a well deserved break.
Today is Day 9 of my blogging course and I’m almost done. Can we say Yippee!!
Today we covered HTML Basics. If you think it sounds confusing that’s because it is. I tried doing it but not sure I understand it. Guess we’ll find out tomorrow when I have to use what I learned today. Understanding hyperlinks is not what I thought. The areas we covered were:
- What is HTML is, and how to find yours.
- Basic text styling with HTML.
- Inserting links with HTML.
- Inserting Images with HTML.
Today was interesting. Didn’t really understand what I was doing or what I was reading. Today I had to adjust the visibility of one of my widgets. Once I started reading how to do it, I was so confused.
I try to understand what they want me to know on widget visibility but sometimes things can be so confusing.
Areas we covered today were:
- How to configure widget visibility settings.
- Ways to use widget visibility to your advantage.
Today we went over how to create custom texts and create a custom image. The areas that were covered were:
- Image widget basics.
- Custom image widget inspiration.
- How to create a custom image with PicMonkey or Canva.
- How to use custom images in text widgets.
Why use text widgets? Image widgets can be used for just about anything; we particularly appreciate when bloggers use them to highlight social networking profiles, direct our attention to special features, or draw us into different sections of their blogs. They’re eye-catching, and encourage readers to explore.
Today is Day 6 and today we organized our sidebar. Today we had to add 1 widget to our sidebar. However, we didn’t have to keep it. The areas we covered today were:
- What widgets are and how they’re useful.
- How to Choose the right widgets for your blog.
- Basic ways to customize widgets.
The one thing I want to learn is how to move your widgets around to where you want them. I know it sounds crazy but I’d like to learn this in case I decide I want to move my widgets around. Maybe it’s not crazy after all.
Today is Day 4 of 10 of my blogging course. Almost halfway there-Yeah!!🙂🙂 Today the three areas we covered were:
- How to add and edit backgrounds.
- Color relationships, and how to use them.
- How to choose and update fonts.
Every blogger has the opportunity to do this. Myself included.
Tomorrow is 1/2 way-Yeah!!🎆🎆🙂🙂🎆🎆
It’s Day 3 of 10 of my blogging course and we’re learning about Custom headers. The 3 areas we covered today were:
- How to turn any photo into a custom header.
- How to create a custom graphic or text header.
- The finishing touches that highlight your new header.
It’s Day 2 of 10 of my Intermediate customization. Today we are concentrating on Visuals And Header Basics. We will be covering 3 areas and they are:
- The characteristics of a great header.
- Header options and jargon.
- How to add a header or site logo.
Tomorrow will probably be more difficult because it is about learning how to create custom completely custom header images for a polished, professional look! I have a picture I think would be good for a custom heading.
Since I have no information on my theme, I don’t know if my theme supports a header or not. I’m taking a course and they don’t give me all the information. How am I suppose to learn? I practice and go through the motions.
Hi everyone, I’m continuing to learn more about blogging by taking another blogging course. Sounds easy, trust me it’s not. My third course is called:Intermediate Customization.
Today is day 1 of 10 of my new blogging course, Intermediate Customization and we learned about 3 different things and they are:
- Finding your themes details.
- Understanding the jargon and features.
- Getting theme inspiration to improve your own site.
Normally I would find the theme details easy enough but when I went to find the theme details, I found out my theme for my site had been retired therefore I had no information to work with.