CRYSTAL AND DAISY MAE’S PHOTO-BLOGGING SITE is joining Comedy-Plus for Tuesday Fun. Hope you join us.
There seems to be some confusion with one of my posts. Actually, the post that’s causing all the confusion is: 200 SUBSCRIBER VIDEO HOP WINNER + GIVEAWAY. This is a reblog from THE JOYFUL SOUL CREATES. I hope this clears up the confusion.
Earlier I asked you to caption the picture below. When I asked you to caption the picture I purposely didn’t tell you what was in the picture because I wanted to see what your captions would say. I must say, you came up with some good captions for the picture. I want to thank everyone for their captions. Now onto who won caption contest. Well because they were all so good I don’t have a clear winner. If I get any captions that are better after I tell you what’s in the picture, I’ll update you. Because of thick fog we had the morning of January 11,2018(Yes I know it says 6:39 PM but it should be 6:39 AM), the deer in the picture are really hard to see. I do hope you’ll send me your captions now that you know that it’s deer in thick fog. Thanks to everyone for sending your captions
Kindness is not holding grudge
Over someone who has hurt you
In some way and/or betrayed you.
Kindness is forgiving that so-called
Friend or enemy when you don’t
Want to. Kindness and forgiveness
Gives you many benefits and lets
You smile more so people want
To be around you more.
Holding a grudge and not
Forgiving someone will make you
Miserable and other people won’t
Want to be around you. So instead of
Holding a grudge over someone
Forgive, Forgive, Forgive them and
You’ll find that you’ll be so happy
About being happy that you’ll
Never want to hold a grudge again.
Shortcode for my portfolio is
My nephew thought all the sunflowers he planted weren’t going to come up. Boy did he get a pleasant Surprise when he saw that some of his sunflowers actually did grow. In the above picture is my nephew with his sunflowers.
Shortcode for Testimonials
Your blog really looks good and I really like it. You’ve done a great job putting it together. Kudos to you for setting your blog up so well. How did you do it? Please use contact form testimonials, testimonials on blog posts or both. —daisymae2017—
Love this post as I’m fascinated by the meaning of flowers and studied the carefully before I chose the flowers for my wedding bouquet. Thanks for sharing this and have a lovely day. –Pamela—
Jessica from PersonalGrowth&Success blog said about my post encouragement the following: Love this post! It was right up my alley since I love encouraging others as much well!! Thanks for sharing all of this positivity!! The world needs more of it🙂
YeevanieShepherd of https://yeevanieshepherd.wordpress.com from Her Thoughts~Her Ways Blog. If you haven’t checked out her blog you should. She commented Hey great content and interesting pics . Keep it up. Shortcode for portfolio is Shortcode for testimonials is
Today is day 10/10 of my blogging course Branding And Growth and you know what that means. This is my last blogging course and assignment for a while. YIPEE!!
Today’s task is that I’m to do an SEO audit on my blog. I’m also to pick one thing to fix or work on today.
WHAT I FIXED AND WORKED
- I updated my WordPress profile.
- I worked on tags not relevant to my post. To Many Tags according to WordPress can make seem like a spammer even though you aren’t.
HOW TO AUDIT YOUR BLOG’S SEO
- Consider Key Words – You’ll want to make sure you brainstorm the most important keywords for your site and use them frequently in your tagline, posts and tags. For example, if you were a travel blogger your key words might include “travel”, “vacation”, “hotel”, the names of destination cities, and other related words such as “nomad” or “backpacking”.
- Write A Descriptive Tagline – Even if your theme doesn’t display your tagline, search engines can see it. Make sure your tagline accurately describes what your blog is about. Your tagline is a great place for your most important keywords.
- Ensure Your Profile Is Complete – Ensure your name, screen name, and most importantly your blog’s URL appears on your Profile links. This is especially important when you comment on other people’s blogs.
- Put Yourself Out There – Make time to visit the reader, follow blogs your interested in and comment thoughtfully on other people’s blogs. Every time you comment on someone’s blog, you also leave your name and URL automatically ( provided your profile is complete). People are naturally curious about the awesome someone who left a thoughtful comment and they’ll follow the link back to your site to learn more about you.
- Publish Regularly – Make sure that you’re offering new content frequently so that Google comes crawling to index your site.
- Be Selective With Tags – Choose only the tags most relevant to your posts. Posts with too many tags can be viewed as spammy and those with a combination of 15 tags or more may not appear in the Reader(this I didn’t know).
MORE READING ON SEO(LINKS)
- Search Engines
- All About SEO on WordPress.com
- SEO and Your Blog
- Three Google Search Console Tips for Better SEO
- Bing Webmaster Tools: Three Steps To Search Engine Domination
- How to Publish Posts that Search Engines Will Love
FOR MORE SUPPORT ON SEO(LINKS)
All of these tips, tools and links can help you with your blog. I learned a lot from this blogging course. Any suggestions or feedback please use comment section or contact form below.
While I was thinking about what to do for Sparks I had a thought and that thought was why don’t you do something with the meaning of encouragement. Of course I tried and tried to come up with something else but all I could think of was wanting Spring to get here and the sunshine and the pretty flowers to stay for a while. Then I said to myself, flowers that’s it I’ll do it on flowers. So I looked up on the internet to see what flowers are associated with encouragement and friendship and this is what I found. I have included their meanings as well.
ENCOURAGEMENT AND FRIENDSHIP FLOWERS AND THEIR MEANINGS:
- Acacia, Rose or White – Platonic love/friendship, Elegance.
- Adam’s Needle (Yucca) – Best Friends.
- Arborvitae – True and unchanging friendship.
- Black – eyed Susan – Encouragement, Motivation, Justice.
- Carnation (general) – Fascination, Friendship, Vanity, Worker’s flower, Symbolic for teaching us to find love that is between souls and not purely physical attraction, In the 17th century troops sported carnations as a sign of their bravery, Chosen as the symbol for Mother’s Day in 1907, January birth flower, Used for 1st Wedding Anniversaries.
- Daisy, Gerbera – Friendship, Sadness, Needing Protection.
- Galax – Friendship, Encouragement.
- Gerbera – Gentleness, Friendship, Loyal love, Purity, Strength, You are the sunshine of my life.
- Ivy – Affection, Dependence, Fidelity, Friendship, Wedded love.
- Periwinkle, Blue – Early Friendship.
- Phlox, Pink – Hope of new friendship.
- Rose, Yellow – Friendship or platonic love, Infidelity, Jealousy, Highest mark of distinction, Forgive and Forget.
Due to the fact of so many, furfriends, loved ones passing lately I made up a brief flower list for that to in honor of them.
FLOWERS OF SADNESS AND THEIR MEANINGS:
- Aloe – Sorrow, Grief, Integrity, Bitterness, Wisdom.
- Balm, Bee (Monarda or Bergamot) – Compassion, Empathy, Your “wiles” are irresistible.
- Canna Lily (or Flowering Reed) – Confide in Heaven.
- Clover, White – Think of Me.
- Columbine – Resolved to win, Deserted love, Folly, During the Gothic era the columbine gained a reputation of having powers to ward off evil.
- Dahlia, Variegated – I think of you constantly!
- *Dead Leaves – Sadness (*this is not a flower).
- Everlasting – Constancy, never-ending memory.
- Forget – me – not – Memories, Humility, True love, Exactly as it says, mythology describes this as the flower picked by a knight for his sweetheart before going into battle, One legend has it that God himself called it that because the plant was unable to remember the name it had been given when the world was created, Longing for loyalty.
- Hyacinth, Purple – I’m sorry, Please forgive me, Sorrow.
- Immortal Flowers ( Xeranthemum) – Unfading remembrance.
- Lady’s Seal – Be my support.
- Pansy – Holy Trinity, loyalty, Strengthens the power of the memory, Loving thoughts or “You occupy my thoughts”, Merriment, Thoughtful reflection, German word translating as “little stepmother”, Used for 1st Wedding Anniversaries.
- Periwinkle (general) – Sweet remembrance.
- Primrose – I cannot live without you, Young love, Early youth (childhood), Thoughtlessness, Frivolity, February birth flower.
- Queen Anne’s Lace – Fantasy, Haven, Self reliance, Sanctuary.
- Rose, Black – Deeper feeling of romance, Sense of mystery, Death.
- Rose, Dark Crimson – Mourning.
- Rose, Tea – I’ll remember always.
- Rosemary – Remembrance, Your presence revives me!, Glad you’re here!, Invigorating, Healing balm, Memory strengthener, Devotion, Wisdom, Good luck in the new year.
- Strawflower – Neverending remembrance.
- Sweet Pea – Meet Me!, Blissful pleasure, Tender memory, Departure, Goodbye, Thank you for a lovely time, These flowers are long-lasting after being clipped, April birth flower, Used for 30th Wedding Anniversaries.
- Sweet William – Childhood, Memory, Gallantry, Finesse, Scorn, Grant me one smile.
- Thrift (Cliff Roses) – Sympathy.
- Verbena – Faithfulness, Pray for me, Sensibility.
- Violet Purple – You occupy my thoughts, Blue love.
- Weeping Willow – Mourning.
- Yarrow – Cure for heartache, Good Health, Heals wounds, Dispels melancholy, Sorrow.
- Yew – Sadness.
- Zinnia (general)- Thoughts of absent friends either alive or passed on.
- Zinnia (mixed) – In memory of dear friend.
- Zinnia (Yellow) – Daily remembrance.
My information and some of my pictures are from Flower Meanings, A – Z Flower Dictionary and Flower Pictures , Flower Meanings Chart and Guide to Unique Gift Giving , Images of The Galax Flower and the Graphic Credit for the Purple Hyacinth goes to http://fineartamerica.com.
GUESS IF WE WANT FOOD WE HAVE TO EAT WITH THE DEER!!
I have started joining the Comedy Plus team on Wednesdays for Wordless Wednesday. Wordless Wednesday is when you share a picture which conveys a message without words. The code for Wordless Wednesday is in the sidebar of Comedy Plus’ s blog or you can enter your link in Mr. Linky’s page which can be found on the Comedy Plus Blog too. I hope you join us. If you do join us, be sure to put the Wordless Wednesday badge somewhere in your post. Can’t wait to see your pictures.
https://mcguffysreader.com/ has a project called Sparks post each week. I decided to join this project with McGuffy’s Reader to encourage others each week. My encouragement post is called ENCOURAGEMENT. On March 4, 2018, I was reading my morning devotions with the Lord and guess what? The devotional reading was called Dying for Encouragement. In a nutshell, it was about a corporate accountant who committed suicide and no-one knew why. He didn’t embezzle money and that made his co-workers wonder why until a note was found and that note simply said this: In thirty years I have never had one word of encouragement. I’m fed up. My ENCOURAGEMENT quotes and reading are: It may seem insignificant to say a word or two; but when we give encouragement, what wonders it can do! —K. DeHaan— My second ENCOURAGEMENT quote is: A word of encouragement can make the difference between giving up or going on. —Author Unknown— The reading for encouragement is Deuteronomy 3:23 – 29. So when you think your encouragement isn’t doing any good, think again. It is. When you encourage some someone make sure it is genuine encouragement(not flattery) and it will help others.
Today CRYSTAL AND DAISY MAE’S PHOTO-BLOGGING SITE and WELCOME TO CRYSTAL’S SITE(ORIGINALLY COUNTRY LIVING) are joining Annie from McGuffy’s Reader for Sparks. Sparks is a way to encourage people. This can be done through quotes, images, poems, pictures and etc…
We can’t wait to see your Sparks post. Mine is below.
By: Crystal Stewart
Faith Is like a mustard seed
Small but willing and able
Waiting to be nurtured
Faith Is dreaming big
and doing what it takes
to reach your dreams.
Faith Is taking that leap
to build your own business.
Faith Is putting your trust
in a total stranger and
hoping your situation turns
out for the good.
Faith Is trusting and
believing in the unseen.
Feline Friday is simple to join. All you have to do is: Post a picture, drawing, cartoon, or video of a cat (They may be silly or cute). Go to Comedy Plus and click on the Feline Friday code to get the link.
Now that the Superbowl is over and we know who won and no it wasn’t the Patriots. I decided to have some fun with my pictures. I played the Superbowl with my pictures.
THE SUPERBOWL TEAMS:
TURKEY AS THE EAGLES
THE DEER AS THE PATRIOTS
As you all know there can only be one winner. Who is our winner for Superbowl LII(52)?
Why it’s the Patr… Wait No the winner of Superbowl is the Philadelphia Eagles. Amazing, the Philadelphia Eagles have beat the Patriots to win their first Superbowl.
THE WINNERS ARE:
Q1.) How Does It Feel To Beat The Patriots In The SUPERBOWL?
A1.) The Patriots are a good team but it feels great to beat the Patriots.
Q2.) You Have Just Made History By Winning Your First SUPERBOWL, What Are You Going To Do Next?
A2.) Were Going To Disney World Of Course.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS, THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES.
SUPERBOWL FUN FACT:
Over 1 Billion chicken wings were consumed this past Superbowl.
Hope is a rainbow that appears out of nowhere on a sunny day~Hope is a mentor supporting and encouraging you when others put you down~Hope is your parents who support you even though you have huge dreams~Hope is a stranger who befriends you and takes you under their wing~Hope is a dog that meets you at the door when you come home~Hope is a cat that warns you with its hissing and body language~Hope is a
sister that helps you out of ‘sticky’ situations~Hope is a loving family~Hope is knowing and teaching sign language to people who need and want to learn it~Hope is God.
So when your feeling down remember there is hope for you. Don’t let any anybody tell you differently.
The above selfie is of Daisy Mae and I getting our picture taken. Please note the surprised look on my face which is due to Daisy Mae kicking and clawing me because she didn’t want her picture taken. Enjoy our Sunday Selfie.
Daisy Mae and I joined the Cat On The Head for their Sunday Selfie Blog Hop. You can view other blogs that have joined and you can also join in the fun with your selfie by adding your blog HERE
PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR CAPTION BY PUTTING IT IN THE COMMENT SECTION OR BY USING THE CONTACT FORM BELOW.
Why I’m Writing This Post:
I’m writing this post because I came across this good blog post that spreads Positive Thinking and I liked the idea so I’d thought I write this post.
Today we need all the positive thinking we can muster. But we shouldn’t just think about doing positive thinking but we should take every opportunity to show positive thinking and even create positive thinking where there isn’t any.
CREATING POSITIVE THINKING:
Creating positive thinking also helps with your attitude. If you don’t have a good attitude then you’re less likely to have a positive outlook but remember this it takes more wrinkles to create a frown then to create a smile. So smile because who wants all those wrinkles.
I wrote a post called WHAT MEETING MAYA ANGELOU DID FOR ME because Maya Angelou was a wonderful woman and very encouraging to. Below are some quotes of hers and another encouraging person who is P.K. Hallinan. The one quote is by an unknown source.
Make sure you have a smile on your face because people will wonder what you’re up to and your attitude will be a lot better.
Stay positive my friends.
Hello Everyone, can you believe 2017 is gone and 2018 is here already? I can’t. This is my first post of the year for this site.
Did any of you make New Year’s resolutions? Sister Crystal doesn’t believe in making resolutions and honestly I don’t either. This way nobody can blame you for breaking your New Year’s resolutions.
Sister Crystal started the new year off right by getting nominated for two awards by MABEAUTILITY . The awards Sister Crystal received were the The Don’t Hate, Appreciate Award: G❤❤d Vibes Only – My First Post Of 2018 and WINNING THE LIEBSTER AWARD – MY SECOND AWARD OF 2018. I think it’s just great that she won these awards and I want to thank her for giving me equal billing for this site and she allows me to post on the other site too.
Now onto my award. That’s right, I was nominated for the Liebster Award by WELCOME TO CRYSTAL’S SITE(ORIGINALLY COUNTRY LIVING). Thanks WELCOME TO CRYSTAL’S SITE(ORIGINALLY COUNTRY LIVING)
RULES FOR THE LIEBSTER AWARD 2018:
- Acknowledge the blogger that nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and encourage them to accept this award for blogging.
- Ask them 11 questions.
- Let them know you have nominated them.
WELCOME TO CRYSTAL’S SITE(ORIGINALLY COUNTRY LIVING) QUESTIONS TO HER NOMINEES(MY ANSWERS WILL BE IN ITALICS):
- What is your favorite pet and/or animal? Cats
- What is your job and why do you like it or dislike it so much? I’m unemployed-enough said.
- What is your favorite sport and why? Don’t have a favorite sport anymore. Why? Since the kneeling during the National Anthem deal I have become less interested.
- Did you make any New Year’s resolutions? If so what were they? Don’t believe in making New Year’s resolutions. I take each day one day at a time plus nobody can say I broke my New Year’s resolutions.
- What did you like most about 2017? Christmas, my birthday and Thanksgiving.
- What did you like least about 2017? Mom being in the hospital.
- What is your hobby besides blogging? I used to cross-stitch.
- What did you like most about Christmas and New Year’s? The fact our family got together and we had kids laughing and giggling in the house. Take note that the kids I mention are ages 21 down to 15.
- What is your blog about? My blog is about photos, blogging, country living, animals and much, much more. Every-Now-And-Then my cat will do some posting too.
- What would you like to share about yourself to introduce yourself to the readers? My name is Crystal Stewart and my cat’s name is Daisy Mae. I just had my 50th birthday in December and I enjoy being 50. I enjoy blogging and meeting new people/animals. I like to read too mostly mystery/suspense books but I’m open to all genres.
- How did you create the name of your blog? I thought about it and went with CRYSTAL’S PHOTO-BLOGGING SITE that I just changed to CRYSTAL AND DAISY MAE’S PHOTO-BLOGGING SITE. The only thing was that I wanted my site to be more than just photos, I wanted to blog on that site too. Daisy Mae officially became part of the website as of January 1, 2018. I had so many ideas for a name.
MY NOMINEES FOR THE LIEBSTER AWARD 2018:
- Cats and Life
- The Recipe Hunter
- simple Ula
- Claire Yang Writes
- TANGLEWOOD KNOTS
- The Veiled facet
- The Introverted Book Nerd
- Claire93’s Blog
Please don’t judge me for not nominating your blog! If I could I’d nominate all of you because I know how much time and effort you put into your blog posts. I appreciate all my bloggers.
Congratulations to my nominees.
QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:
Please Answer The Above Questions Which Are The Same Questions I Was Asked To Answer. I Thought The Above Questions Were Good And I’d Like To See Your Answers To Them.
Have Fun Answering them Nominees.
A HUGE BIG THANK YOU TO WELCOME TO CRYSTAL’S SITE(ORIGINALLY COUNTRY LIVING).