For those who don’t me(agast) nobody knows me of course you humans know me I’m the Queen Daisy Mae. On Wednesday(3 days ago) was her hhhummmm birthday. This is her birthday week and birthday month so we’re relaxing from her birthday party and it’s still not over to Jan. 1, 2019. I ask you kindly to send her birthday wishes and for anyone who sent a card she says thank you.
Queen Mom Sister Crystal(Wow that’s a mouthful) to say will be celebrating for the rest of the month and of course the first week of 2019. Thank you for doing this favor for me (Queen Daisy Mae).
**CONTACT FORM** – – – WHERE COMMENTS ARE KEPT PRIVATE AND THEY DON’T SHOW UP!!
**COMMENTS** – – – TO GET COMMENTS TO SHOW UP SCROLL DOWN TO COMMENT/REPLY SECTION. COMMENTS MAY NOT SHOW RIGHT AWAY SINCE COMMENT MODERATION IS ENABLED. THANKS FOR READING AND YOUR PATIENCE.
Good Day/Night depending where you are at. I had originally written two posts entitled Wordless Wednesday: What Are These Big Birds Doing Here? and Update: What Are These Big Birds Doing Here? were my previous posts. I gave you a chance to vote on your favorite caption by a poll and you could vote over and over and below are the results. From least favorite to most favorite. I’ve taken a look at the results already and guess what? We have a tie for favorite caption. Without further adieu let’s look at the results.
POLL RESULTS(FROM LEAST FAVORITE TO MOST FAVORITE)
3. The ‘other’ White meat for Thanksgiving.
2. What Are These Big Birds Doing Here?(tied for 1st).
1. Deerversity(tied for 1st).
As you see even though my caption tied for 1st I put Deerversity 1st. Deerversity is our official caption winner.
Thank you to all who gave me possible captions. They were all great.
**CONTACT FORM** – – – WHERE COMMENTS ARE KEPT PRIVATE AND THEY DON’T SHOW UP!!
**COMMENTS** – – – TO GET YOUR COMMENTS TO SHOW SCROLL DOWN TO THE COMMENT/REPLY SECTION. COMMENTS MAY NOT SHOW SINCE COMMENT MODERATION IS ENABLED. THANK YOU FOR READING AND YOUR PATIENCE.
This is Friendly Fill – Ins: Christmas Edition. Daisy Mae And I want to wish you everyone a very Merry Christmas And a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year. We would Love for you to join us in this blog hop along with 15 And Meowing and Four-Legged Furballs. Both Daisy Mae And I will be answering the set of 4 questions. So you will see 2 sets of questions. Answers will be in italics.
DAISY MAE’S ANSWER’S
Every Christmas, I get either put upstairs or put down in the basement since the other humans bring a dog. That’s OK though because that means the dog isn’t going after me. I also make sure there is enough room under the Christmas tree for all the catnip I’m expecting to get from Santa Paws. I have Santa Paws wrapped around my 4 little white paws with pink pads.
The day after Christmas, I explore all the boxes and bags that my wonderful humans get out again even if it’s just briefly.
‘Twas the night before Christmas, and what was I doing but making room for all the catnip and other gifts I asked Santa Paws under the Christmas tree.
All I want for Christmas is catnip, catnip, catnip and even more catnip. I will also take toys and more catnip. Any questions Santa Paws?
Every Christmas, I try to get together with most of my family and celebrate the real reason why we celebrate Christmas. I also ask for an impossible present I know I probably won’t get.
The day after Christmas, I usually help Mom and Dad take down Christmas decorations and the Christmas tree. We believe that you can’t go into the next year with your Christmas tree up and you certainly don’t want the problems of 2018 to follow you. Start the next year on a clean slate.
‘Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house I was making sure that there was room under the tree for ALL my gifts and big gifts I asked Santa Clause for. I don’t know why he wouldn’t bring them because he told me what lists I was on when I was checking with Santa Paws what lists my Queen Daisy Mae was on. As it so happened Santa Clause and Santa Paws said we were both on the nice and very nice lists so why wouldn’t he give me what I asked for?
All I want for Christmas is a printer for my computer(not very expensive) and a huge prayer to be answered that I’ve been praying for a while now.
We are joining 15AndMeowing and Four-Legged Furballs for the friendly fill – ins bloghop.
**CONTACT FORM**- – – WHERE COMMENTS ARE KEPT PRIVATE AND THEY DON’T SHOW UP!!
*COMMENTS** – – – TO GET YOUR COMMENTS TO SHOW SCROLL DOWN TO COMMENT/REPLY SECTION. COMMENTS MAY NOT SHOW UP RIGHT AWAY OR AT ALL BECAUSE COMMENT MODERATION IS ENABLED. YOUR COMMENT WON’T SHOW UP IF DEEMED SPAM. I CHECK OUT ALL COMMENTS. THANK YOU FOR READING AND YOUR PATIENCE.
Well Vegan’s it’s your turn. I wondered after doing recipes for chocolate is there such a thing as Vegan Chocolate? I’m happy to say there is. Also, if you haven’t read my other cooking posts I did previously, you can read them by going to A Simple Cooking Life Hack, Christmas Cooking Hacks And Helpful Cooking Hacks……, and 🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂Simple Chocolate Recipes……🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂. I hope you not on go to these posts but read and comment on this one too. Now let’s move on to those delicious-looking Vegan Chocolate Recipes.
EASY VEGAN CHOCOLATE:
Prep Time: Cook Time: Total Time:
20 minutes 3 minutes 23 minutes
- 1 cup cocoa butter (finely chopped, packed)
- 5 tablespoons agave nectar (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 cup cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- to taste pinch sea salt (optional/plus more)
- add cacao nibs (optional/for topping)
- Arrange 14 (amount as original recipe is written//adjust if altering batch size)mini cupcake liners on a small baking sheet. Set aside.
- Add 2 inches of water to a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Then set a glass or ceramic bowl on top, making sure it’s not touching the water (this creates a “double boiler”).
- To the mixing bowl, add finely chopped cocoa butter and let melt-2-3 minutes.
- Once melted, add the maple syrup or agave nectar and use a whisk or wooden spoon to mix until fluid and thoroughly combined. Remove bowl and set on a flat surface. Also, turn off stove – top heat and set saucepan aside.
- Add cacao or cocoa powder, vanilla (optional), and sea salt (optional), and whisk to combine until there are no clumps.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed. (amounts as original recipe is written//adjust if altering batch size), but it’s completely up to how sweet you prefer your chocolate.
- Carefully pour chocolate into 12 – 14 mini cupcake liners* (or 7 large cupcake liners//amount as original recipe is written//adjust if altering batch) and top with more sea salt or cacao nibs (optional).
- Transfer chocolate to the freezer or refrigerator to set – about 10 minutes.
- Enjoy straight from the freezer, refrigerator, or at room temperature. Store leftovers in a well – sealed container in the refrigerator for 1 week, or in the freezer up to 1 month.
*You can sub up to 2 Tbsp (amount as original recipe is written//adjust if altering batch size) of the cocoa butter with coconut oil in the recipe. However, cocoa butter is superior! Coconut oil tends to separate, get a little oily, and melts easily when touched.
*Between both raw cacao and cocoa powder the raw cacao tastes a bit more bitter, while the cocoa was a little less stark and had a more familiar taste on the palette. Cacao wins in health benefits, but cocoa powder wins in taste.
* To keep this chocolate raw, use cacao powder and (water bath).
*If you don’t have mini cupcake liners, lay parchment paper down on a baking sheet and spread the chocolate into an even layer. Once set, break into bark, or cut into bars.
*If you’re afraid to try cocoa butter, don’t be! It’s so versatile. Definitely worth it if you’re a chocolate fan!
Nutrition Information is a rough estimate.
Nutrition Per Serving (1 of 13):
Calories: Fat: Saturated Fat: Sodium: Carbohydrates: Fiber: Sugar: Protein:
162 16.5 g 9.9 g 12 mg 5.4 g 1.8 g 2.5 g 1.1 g
VEGAN CHOCOLATE TURTLES
- 1 c. non-dairy chocolate chips, divided in half.
- 1/2 c. pecans
- 1 recipe for raw caramel sauce (see below).
For Raw Date Caramel:
- 4 Medjool dates, soaked in water for 1 hour and drained.
- 1 Tbsp. water.
- 1 tsp. maple syrup.
- 1 tsp. coconut oil, solid.
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract.
- In a high-speed blender, whip up all the ingredients for the raw caramel sauce until completely smooth. Allow to chill in the refrigerator to cool down.
- Line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Melt 1/2 c. of the non-dairy chocolate chips. Place in a Ziploc bag with a slit cut out of the corner and drip 1 tsp. of chocolate onto the parchment paper, making circles. You may want to use the back of a spoon to flatten down a little bit.
- For each chocolate circle, place 6 pecan slices on top of the chocolate in the position for the head, legs and tail. Fill in the remainder of the chocolate with smaller pecan pieces. Place the baking in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the sheet and pour the raw caramel sauce into a Ziploc baggie to pipe on top, about 1 tsp. worth. Freeze again while you melt the remainder 1/2 c. of chocolate.
- Pipe the remaining chocolate on top of the caramel. Smooth out with the back of a spoon to ensure it is evenly spread. PLEASE READ: Do this one at a time because the warm chocolate hitting the items that have been in the freezer will cause the chocolate to quickly harden. If you wait too long, your chocolate will be unworkable.
- Allow the turtles to fully set (either back in the freezer or if you keep them on the counter, they will harden as well).
Serving Size: 1 Turtle
Sugar: 13.5 g
Sodium: 13 mg
Fat: 7.5 g
Carbohydrates: 15.7 g
Fiber: 1.4 g
Protein: 1.7 g
CARAMEL CHOCOLATE VEGAN POPCORN
For the Popcorn:
- 75 g | 1/3 cup popcorn kernels.
For the caramel:
- 100 g | 1/2 cup coconut sugar.
- 2 tablespoons water.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil.
- 2 tablespoons tahini.
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon salt.
For the chocolate drizzle:
- 90 g | 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips.
- Warm a large heavy bottomed pan with a lid, over medium heat until hot. Pour in the popcorn kernels and put the lid on tightly. Move them around frequently by gently moving the pan. They will start popping after about 30 seconds.
- Keep watching/listening until the popping stops then remove from the heat but keep the lid on in case a rogue kernel decides to surprise you!
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Add the coconut sugar and water to a small saucepan and warm over a medium heat until the sugar has dissolved and it is just starting the bubble.
- Remove from the heat and add the coconut oil, tahini and salt. Stir really well until it is smooth. It is normal to see some pale flecks throughout. If lumps persist or it doesn’t combine well put the pan over a low heat and continue stirring. It will come together.
- Remove the lid from the popcorn kernels and pour over the caramel. Be careful as it will be very hot. Stir until evenly coated evenly.
- Pour onto a baking tray lined with either Silpat or baking parchment and spread out into a single layer. Put in the oven and bake for around 15 minutes until crunchy and golden.
- Melt the chocolate chips over simmering water, or gently in a microwave, then drizzle over the popcorn with a spoon.
- Place the tray in the fridge to allow the chocolate to set. If you are in a hurry you can put it in the freezer for 10 minutes. Once the chocolate is set break into pieces and store in an airtight container where it will keep well for a few days.
Feel free to omit the chocolate if you prefer to just have caramel flavor.
Serving: 1 1/2 cup serving |Calories: 124 k cal | Carbohydrates: 18 g | Protein: 1.4 g| Fat: 6 g | Saturated Fat: 3.4 g |Sodium: 53 mg |Fiber: 1.5 g |Sugar: 2112 g |Calcium: 51% |Iron: 4%
Daisy Mae and I have joined the Blessing Train on Deziz World . I hope you hop on over for a visit and get a car to add to the Blessing Train. Angel Tigger when she found out about the Blessing Train she insisted being on the Blessing Train. So I couldn’t say no. Angel Tigger is on the left and Queen Daisy Mae is on the right. You’ll see some of their blessings in the think cloud.Our car is below.
WHERE COMMENTS ARE KEPT PRIVATE AND THEY DON’T SHOW UP!!
TO GET COMMENTS TO SHOW UP SCROLL DOWN TO COMMENT/REPLY SECTION. COMMENTS MAY NOT SHOW RIGHT AWAY SINCE COMMENT MODERATION IS ENABLED. THANKS FOR READING AND YOUR PATIENCE.
DAISY MAE’S FRIENDLY FILL – IN ANSWERS
I really need to get my Humans Christmas gift.
My favorite Christmas (or Hanukkah)decoration is the Santa throw my Human bought and goes over the rocking chair to make a wonderful tent to sleep or play in.
It’s beginning to look a lot like Meowy Christmas with the exception of no presents or gifts under the tree.
This time of year, I eat my fare share of dry Meow Mix. My Human gives me a mix of Indoor Health, Tender Centers and Hairball food. It’s good stuff and I like to eat it. YUM!!
CRYSTAL’S FRIENDLY FILL – IN ANSWERS
I really need to get motivated and get my Christmas cards out in “snail mail”. Even though my gifts are bought they are not wrapped or gift bagged so I need to do that yet too.
My favorite Christmas (or Hanukkah) decoration is the Nativity scene. Love this Christmas Decoration. Personally this decoration could be left up all year round.
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas now that the gifts have been bought, Christmas cards have started coming to me and one of the spare bedrooms is almost filled with gifts, wrapping paper and gift bags and of course stockings.
This time of year, I eat my fare share of chicken wings and Homemade Orange cookies with Orange Icing. Yumm!!
**CONTACT FORM** – – – WHERE COMMENTS ARE KEPT PRIVATE!! THIS MEANS THEY DON’T SHOW UP IN THE COMMENT SECTION.
**COMMENTS** – – – TO GET COMMENTS TO SHOW UP SCROLL DOWN TO COMMENT/REPLY SECTION. COMMENTS MAY NOT SHOW RIGHT AWAY SINCE COMMENT MODERATION IS ENABLED. THANK YOU FOR READING AND YOUR PATIENCE.
**CONTACT FORM** – – – WHERE COMMENTS ARE KEPT PRIVATE!!
**TO GET YOUR COMMENTS TO SHOW SCROLL DOWN TO COMMENT/REPLY SECTION. COMMENTS MAY NOT SHOW UP RIGHT AWAY SINCE COMMENT MODERATION IS ENABLED. THANK YOU FOR READING AND YOUR PATIENCE.
As you know I’ve done two cooking hacks post they can be at A Simple Cooking Life Hack and Christmas Cooking Hacks And Helpful Cooking Hacks……. So that got me to thinking what are some simple chocolate recipes and alternatives to chocolate are there. Who doesn’t love chocolate? Who doesn’t love chocolate? I love chocolate except for chocolate coffee. Yes I have tried chocolate coffee too. Vegan’s I didn’t forget about you. I will have a separate post for you. Because there are so many good chocolate recipes I’m only listing 5 but will give you the link for all the recipes for your recipes.
SOME SIMPLE CHOCOLATE RECIPES
Chocolate-Banana Pudding Ingredients:
- 2 cups of heavy cream.
- tablespoons confectioners’ sugar.
- 3 bananas, thinly sliced lengthwise, plus 1/2 banana, sliced into rounds.
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped.
- 26 chocolate wafers.
- In a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil over medium-high. Remove from heat and add chocolate. Let sit 5 minutes. Add confectioners’ sugar and whisk to combine. Let cool to room temperature.
- Layer 13 chocolate wafers in a 2-quart baking dish. Add half the chocolate mixture, then top with lengthwise banana slices. Top with 13 more cookies and remaining mixture. Cover and refrigerate until pudding is set and cookies are tender, about 2 hours (or up to 1 day). Top with round banana slices and serve.
Chocolate-Covered Strawberries Ingredients:
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped.
- 1/3 cup of pistachios(optional).
- 1 pound large strawberries (about 20), washed and dried well.
- Place chocolate in a bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of simmering water. Stir occasionally, until melted, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. One at a time, dip each strawberry in chocolate, twirling to coat; then sprinkle chocolate-covered portion with pistachios, if using, and place on waxed paper.
- Chill chocolate-dipped strawberries at least 15 minutes to set chocolate. (Strawberries should not be stored in refrigerator longer than 1 hour as condensation may collect on the chocolate.)
Total Time: Prep Time: Servings:
35 minutes 20 minutes Makes About 20
Peppermint Hot Fudge Sundaes Ingredients:
- 1 cup heavy cream.
- One 12-ounce bag semisweet chocolate chips.
- Best-quality vanilla ice cream.
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup, plus more to adjust consistency.
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract.
- Peppermint candy, coarsely chopped.
- Combine heavy cream and corn syrup in a small saucepan. Stir to combine, and bring just to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat, and add chocolate and peppermint extract.
- Whisk until chocolate is melted. If necessary, adjust consistency with additional corn syrup. Serve over ice cream. Garnish with chopped peppermint candy.
Peppermint extract can be found in most supermarkets.
Crispy Chocolate-Marshmallow Treats Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces, plus more for pan.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled).
- 1/2 cup of chopped nuts, such as cashews, pecans or walnuts.
- 1 bag (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips.
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar.
- 2 large eggs.
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8-inch square baking pan. Line bottom with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides; butter paper.
- In a heatproof bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of simmering water, combine butter and 1 cup chocolate chips. Heat, stirring occasionally, just until melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove mixture from heat; stir in sugars and salt, then eggs, and finally flour, stirring just until combined. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs attached, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips, then marshmallows and nuts. Bake until chocolate is shiny and marshmallows are puffed, about 5 minutes. Cool completely in pan. Using paper overhang, lift cake onto a work surface; cut into 16 squares.
To prevent toppings from sinking into the batter, sprinkle them on after brownies are baked. An extra 5 minutes in the oven melts the topping together for easy slicing.
Total Time: Prep Time: Servings:
45 minutes 10 minutes Make 16
Ricotta Tart With Chocolate And Kumquats Ingredients-For Crust:
- 5 ounces chocolate wafers (about 24 cookies).
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted.
- Pinch of salt.
FOR THE FILLING:
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta. (12 ounces).
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar.
- 5 kumquats, thinly sliced crosswise.
- 1/2 cup heavy cream.
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped.
- For The Crust: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pulse wafers in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a bowl, and stir in butter, sugar and salt. Press into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch tart pan. Bake for 10 minutes . Let cool.
- For The Filling: Beat together ricotta, cream, sugar, and cinnamon until fluffy. Fold in half the kumquats and half the chocolate. Pour into cooled crust. Top with remaining kumquats and chocolate. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes ( or overnight) before serving.
Total Time Prep Time Servings
1 hour 10 minutes 8
To stay with my chocolate theme and to keep my promise below is what you can use if you don’t have chocolate handy or someone can’t eat chocolate this is what you can do.
5 HEALTHY ALTERNATIVES TO CHOCOLATE
1. Cocoa Powder
Cocoa powder is a mixture of many substances that are left over after cocoa butter is extracted from cacao beans. One tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa power contains about 10 calories, and has virtually no fat, cholesterol, or sugar. And because it is 100% cacao, it is jam-packed with antioxidants.
Try mixing cocoa powder with almond or coconut milk for a homemade hot chocolate, or add a scoop to plain or vanilla Greek yogurt or as an addition to your favorite smoothie. Cocoa powder can be used in savory dishes as well – especially in many traditional Mexican dishes (cocoa and chili pepper!). For a crunchy snack, try cocoa dusted almonds (lightly drizzle almonds with honey and roll them in cocoa powder).
2. Cacao Nibs
Cacao nibs are basically Cocoa beans themselves, which have been roasted, removed from their husks, and broken into small pieces. In other words, they are a less processed form of cocoa. Cacao nibs are crunchy and taste similarly to unsweetened chocolate. They can be ground into a powder and used just like cocoa powder, or they can be eaten as is and added to yogurt, trail mixes, smoothies, or in your favorite baked good. Cacao nibs are naturally low in calories (just one ounce contains about 130 calories), are a good source of heart-healthy fiber, (9 g per ounce) and contain a number of beneficial minerals and antioxidants.
3. Dark Chocolate (at least > 70% cacao)
It is important to choose dark chocolate with at least 70%cacao in order to reap all the antioxidant benefits. Plus, the darker the chocolate (aka the higher % of cacao), the less sugar will be in the bar.
Carob is a tropical pod that is derived from a tree in the Mediterranean. Its pulp is roasted and ground into a fine powder that tastes very similar to cocoa powder. Carob is naturally low in fat, high in fiber, contains calcium, and unlike cocoa or chocolate, does not contain caffeine or theobromine (a good alternative to those who are sensitive to caffeine or migraines). Additionally, it is naturally less bitter than cocoa, so it does not need additional sweetening.
Carob comes in many forms which can be used in cooking, such as powders, liquids, and carob chips. Add carob chips to trail mix, fruit, yogurt, or use it as a substitute for chocolate chips in baking (but set your oven about 25 degrees lower or it could burn!).
I can’t think of a better way to satisfy a sweet craving while still staying within a healthy eating plan than with fruit. Most fruits are high in vitamin C, potassium, antioxidants, fiber, and health-promoting phytonutrients. Generally, the darker the fruit’s color pigment, the more nutrients it will have! Strawberries and whipped coconut cream, anyone? Or try mixing up a medley of cherries, raspberries, blueberries, and pomegranate seeds, with some carob chips or cacao nibs sprinkled over top for a delicious and healthy treat!
*CONTACT FORM* – – – WHERE COMMENTS ARE KEPT PRIVATE!!
*COMMENTS* – – – TO GET COMMENTS TO SHOW SCROLL DOWN TO COMMENT/REPLY SECTION. COMMENTS MAY NOT SHOW RIGHT AWAY SINCE COMMENT MODERATION IS ENABLED. THANK YOU FOR READING AND YOUR PATIENCE.
SEE SMALLS ON #TRT.
**CONTACT FORM** — WHERE COMMENTS ARE KEPT PRIVATE!!
**COMMENTS** — SCROLL DOWN TO COMMENT/REPLY SECTION. COMMENTS MAY NOT SHOW RIGHT AWAY BECAUSE COMMENT MODERATION IS ENABLED. THANK YOU FOR READING AND YOUR PATIENCE.
It’s that time of year we start planning Christmas Dinner if you haven’t started thinking about it already. OK, I got curious on how to save money and time and found some good hacks I didn’t even and just had to share. These hacks are from Reader’s Digest so they are really good. The hacks are below with photos.
1.) Tackle two recipes with one dough Have someone who wants cookies; and someone who wants pie, but you certainly don’t have time to make both. Making pie crust takes a lot of time and patience, so store-bought cookie dough can be swapped in for an easier alternative. Simply Press the softened dough into a pie dish, bake it, then add your favorite no-bake filling like cream or fruit.
Photo Credit: iStock/2GreenEyes
2.) Have someone who can’t eat buttermilk or sour cream or you don’t have the ingredients and you need an alternative? Here’s what you can do. See below.
Make a buttermilk or sour cream alternative – – – If your recipe calls for a cup of buttermilk or sour cream —but they’re nowhere to be found in your fridge—take 1 tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice, then add enough milk to equal 1 cup.
Photo Credit: iStock/ivandzyuba
3.) Keep Your Cookies Soft.
Need to keep your cookies soft now that you have them baked? Here’s a simple way to do that. See below.
Who likes hard cookies? I know I don’t and neither does Santa Claus. To ensure maximum cookie freshness, store them in a container with a slice of white bread, half of an apple, or an orange peel. The cookies will absorb moisture, keeping them softer longer.
Photo Credit: Unknown
**CONTACT FORM* – – – WHERE COMMENTS ARE KEPT PRIVATE**!!
**COMMENTS** – – – TO GET YOUR COMMENTS TO SHOW UP SCROLL DOWN TO COMMENT/REPLY SECTION. COMMENTS MAY NOT SHOW RIGHT AWAY SINCE COMMENT MODERATION IS ENABLED. THANKS FOR READING AND YOUR PATIENCE.
Cats Rule Our Hearts!
If you feel sad, I will be your smile
If you cry, I will be your comfort.
And if someone breaks your heart,
You can use my love to live and to be by our side together!
CONTACT FORM – – – WHERE COMMENTS ARE KEPT PRIVATE!
**COMMENTS** – – – TO GET YOUR COMMENTS TO SHOW UP SCROLL DOWN TO COMMENT/REPLY SECTION. COMMENTS MAY NOT SHOW UP RIGHT AWAY SINCE COMMENT MODERATION IS ENABLED. THANK YOU FOR READING AND YOUR PATIENCE.
I follow some good blogs and sometimes they share things that makes your life simpler. Today I was reading one of my book blogs and Romance Authors, Marcella Swann Romance and Marcella shared this Life Hack that makes holding a cookbook and some room in your kitchen and it’s a clever idea. For all I know some of you may have tried it all ready.
What is this clever cooking life hack? It’s a pants hanger. You hang your cookbook up with the pants hanger and hang it up on one of your cupboards above your countertop. Pretty cool and neat hah? I thought so.
I found 2 more cooking life hacks while researching the internet. The images are below.
**CONTACT FORM** – – – WHERE COMMENTS ARE KEPT PRIVATE!!
Title: The Sacrifice
Author: Indra Garai
Rating: 5🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄= 5 stars
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Indrajit Garai, an American citizen now, was born in India in 1965. After his Bachelor degree from Indian Institute of Technology and Masters from Harvard, he worked as a Corporate Strategy Consultant and as an Investment Banker in America, Spain, and England, while studying parallelly Ayurveda (ancient medicine of India) and clinical yoga, for stress management. In 2001, after the birth of his daughter, he moved to Paris and opened his private practice of stress management.
Currently, he has taken sabbatical from his practice of stress management, as a full-time writer, to work on his fictions and non-fictions.
ABOUT THE BOOK
This book is a work of Fiction. In a nutshell without revealing too much about the book it’s about people, the way they treat each other, the way animals are treated(not by everyone), the way trees and forests are treated, what people will do just to get their way and what happens when you treat other people and animals the right way and not the cruel way.
WHAT I LIKED ABOUT THE BOOK
First let me say when I started reading the book, I soon found out that it wasn’t about what I thought it was going to be centered around. I like some twists and turns and surprises in my books because to me that’s what makes a book interesting. I also found that there was no bad language or sex. Another good mark from me. Just proves you can have good books without all the sex and bad language.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE
The only thing I can think of is how graphic he made it of what happened to the birdies. Let me explain this. This was to make a point in the book in my opinion. What I mean when I say graphic is the words used. No swear words but I feel he could have chosen his words better. He people treat animals right and not be cruel to them.
HOW I JUDGE A BOOK’S RATING
It’s pretty simple actually, you see my judgement rating for a book is based on many things. Below is how I rate the books and why in stars.
1.) The book is boring, no plot or the same plot keeps occurring over and over, Has swear words or too much sex, I can read only a few pages before putting it down or I just can’t finish it that in my opinion = 1 star.
2.) The book has an OK plot, I can finish book, it has swear words and sex, but not as boring and I don’t fall asleep that = 2 stars.
3.) The plot is average, I can finish the book, has swear words and sex but still not a page turner but a little interesting that = 3 stars.
4.) Plot is better than average, it’s interesting but not quite a page turner, I can finish the book, It has swear words, some sex but not much and not graphic that = 4 stars.
5.) Excellent plot, No swear words, it’s a “page turner”, I want to read the book again or even buy the print version, the book has twists, turns and surprises, straight forward plots(not all the time), I don’t want to put the book down and I’m not ashamed to recommend to my nieces or nephew or anyone else that = 5 stars or above. **Please Note** If a book has bad language but isn’t used a lot through the book I have been known to give five stars especially if I really liked the book and read it twice. I’ve found once that I remember.
I recommend the book The Sacrifice to anyone who can read. However, the younger crowd also known as the preteens and younger should have a parent or guardian in case they need them to explain things to them.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
**CONTACT FORM** — WHERE COMMENTS ARE KEPT PRIVATE!!
TO GET YOUR COMMENTS TO SHOW SCROLL DOWN TO THE COMMENT/REPLY SECTION. COMMENTS MAY NOT SHOW RIGHT AWAY SINCE COMMENT MODERATION IS ENABLED. THANK YOU FOR READING AND YOUR PATIENCE.
Hi Everyone and Welcome, as most of you might have noticed I went dark unexpectedly for a while. Sorry about that but it couldn’t be helped. I’m going to proceed to tell you why I went dark and that might help you understand. These last few months have been hectic, busy with unexpected situations popping up, winter storm causing the electric to go out for multiple days, getting ready for the holidays, trying to get everyone to come for the holidays and etc… is what’s been happening.
The title says it all about what happened in our little town here in Pennsylvania. Let me start at the beginning. Last Thursday(the Thursday before Thanksgiving) we had some electric glitches where our electric went off then came back on real quick. No big deal right? Wrong. As we soon learned that was just a warning that our electric was going to go out for a while(3 days to be exact). At 11:30 PM Eastern or a ‘Tad’ there after was when we lost it for good.
So when did we finally get our electric back? 3 days later. Then the next day some people who were brought in to help get all the electric turned on before Thanksgiving but that didn’t happen for everyone. Then Didn’t they turn off our electric. Well a few hours later we got our electric back and hopefully so did some other people. So we cut it close for Thanksgiving hence our Thanksgiving miracle. More about that below in this post.
Now about our Thanksgiving miracle. I’m grateful for a lot but this Thanksgiving I had something huge to be grateful for to add to my list. You see we got our electric back just in time for Thanksgiving which meant we got our stove back, heat back and not going to my sisters for Thanksgiving. That isn’t a bad thing because she’s a good cook. We got to have everyone from the intermediate family here on Thanksgiving(12 people). So the Good Lord saw fit to take our electric away for a few days and He saw fit to give it back just in time to have Thanksgiving at our house. Miracles do happen and sometimes you’re blessed with multiple miracles at once. That’s what happened to my family and I.
**CONTACT FORM** – – – WHERE COMMENTS ARE KEPT PRIVATE!!
**COMMENTS** – – – TO GET YOUR COMMENTS TO SHOW UP SCROLL DOWN TO COMMENT/REPLY SECTION. COMMENTS MAY NOT SHOW IMMEDIATELY SINCE COMMENT MODERATION IS ENABLE. I’M PLAYING CATCH UP WITH EVERYTHING SO PLEASE BE PATIENT. THANK YOU FOR READING AND YOUR PATIENCE.
**CONTACT FORM** – – – TO KEEP YOUR COMMENTS PRIVATE!!
**COMMENTS* – – – TO GET YOUR COMMENTS TO SHOW UP SCROLL DOWN TO COMMENT/REPLY SECTION. COMMENTS MAY BOT SHOW UP RIGHT AWAY SINCE COMMENT MODERATION IS ENABLED. THANKS FOR READING AND YOUR PATIENCE.
Title Of Book: PRANCIE’S PRAYER
Author: Ellen J. Pilch
Published: September 12, 2018(Kindle Edition)
Publishing Company: Mirror Publishing
Who Can Read This Book: Everyone
WELCOME AND INTRODUCTION
Welcome Everyone to our site. We really appreciate those who have been reading and following us for a while now. We also want to welcome the new readers and followers and we appreciate you too. If it weren’t for you all we wouldn’t be where we are today. Now on to the book, when I read a book I usually can tell if I’m going to like the book or not and how I’m going to rate it half way through the first chapter. Sometimes it takes longer. For example, if I absolute don’t like it in the first chapter, I’ll give it to chapter 3 or 4 usually and decide whether to go on reading the book or make it a DNF(Did Not Finish). Sometimes the book just doesn’t live up to hype even if it had a movie made out of it.
WHAT I EXPECTED
I follow this authors blog so I had an idea what to expect. Since her blog is so great and writing style very good, I set the bar quite high for this book PRANCIE’S PRAYER. I guess knowing what I did I expected a very good book and at least a 5 star rating if not higher. Well guess what? I wasn’t disappointed. In fact, It was better than I expected. I must say that doesn’t happen often with books with me.
WHAT I LIKED
Well what can I say. I liked everything about this book. The way the book was layed out from beginning to end, How the story was told, Most of all I liked it because there was no bad language.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE
Noop. Can’t think of anything although maybe just a suggestion. This isn’t a complaint, I loved the book but thought it could have been longer. However, the way this story was told and layed out the length was perfect. I hope I get to read the print version some day.
RECOMMENDATION & RATING
I recommend everyone buy, read and review this book. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed. I know I wasn’t. This book is made so kids can read it too. I give the book PRANCIE’S PRAYER 12 STARS. OK, I know you can go up to 5 stars but really this book deserves 12 stars it’s that good.
Please buy this book. WHY? Because from October to December all the royalties are going to a charity called Boston’s Forgotten Feline’s. It’s a win-win situation you buy the book the charity gets the royalties and you get a Fantastic book by a fantastic author.
Author: Scarlett St. Clair
Title: When Stars Come Out
Genre(s): Urban Fantasy, Young Adult
Publication Date: October 31, 2018
Rating: 4/5 Books(📚📚📚📚/📚📚📚📚📚)—Actually, I would give this book 4 1/2/5 books or stars but no way to do that.
Hello And Welcome Everyone, I am so excited because I signed up to review an ARC(Advanced Reader Copy) of When Stars Come Out and I received an email that I was approved. Goody, Goody Gumdrop.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR(FROM GOODREADS)
Scarlett St.Clair lives in Oklahoma with her husband. She has a Master’s degree in Library Science and Information Studies and spends a lot of time researching reincarnation, unsolved murders and Greek mythology-all of which made it into her debut novel, When Stars Come Out (OCT 2018). To get more on Scarlett St. Clair you can go to SCARLETT ST. CLAIR’S GOODREADS PROFILE.
WHAT I EXPECTED
To be quite honest, I really didn’t know what to expect this type of book in these genres mostly because it’s the first time ever reading Urban Fantasy and Young Adult(YA) for me. I’m always up for trying new genres and new authors and never know if I’m going to like them or not. I guess in a case like this I set my rating middle grade. Middle grade for me is 2 1/2 stars. Then after I read the book fully I judge to make it higher or lower. A description of the book When Stars come out by Scarlett St. Clair is listed below.
DESCRIPTION OF BOOK
Anora Silby can see the dead and turns spirits into gold coins, two things she would prefer to keep secret as she tries to lead a normal life at her new school. After all, she didn’t change her identity for nothing.
As it turns out, hiding her weirdness is just one of many challenges. By the end of her first day, she’s claimed the soul of a dead girl on campus and lost the coin. Turns out, the coin gives others the ability to steal souls, and when a classmate end up dead, there’s no mistaking the murder weapon.
Navigating the loss of her Poppa, her mother’s unpredictable behavior, and Roundtable, an anonymous student gossip app threatening to expose her, are hard enough. Now she must find the person who stole her coin before more lives are lost, but that means making herself a target for the Order, an organization that governs the dead on Earth-and they want Anora and her powers for themselves.
WHAT I LIKED ABOUT THE BOOK
For reading these genres for the very first time I really enjoyed reading the book. I was pleasantly surprised of how interesting this was. I liked how it was a page turner(I didn’t want to put it down), It kept my interest and it didn’t take long to read. I started reading on November 9, 2018 and ended November 11, 2018. I guess when I started at 2 1/2 stars I started to low. I also thought it may have bordered on the Sci-Fi genre but wasn’t sure. I also liked the cover of this book and it showed how much trouble this girl was having and the despair she was in.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE ABOUT THE BOOK
That’s easy. I didn’t like the use of the F-word and some other bad language that was used. Other than that I really enjoyed this book. I give it 4 1/2 / 5 stars. If the bad language weren’t used it would be rated about 5 1/2 or 6 stars in book. I liked it that much.
WHY I SIGNED UP TO REVIEW THIS BOOK
I think it’s important to put this section in my review not because other reviewers do it to but because I think the author, other authors, all my readers and viewers should know why.
In all the book blogs I follow, I have yet to see one reviewer put in why they signed up to review the book. I think that is to bad because I think readers would be interested in knowing. I know I would.
So onto why I signed up to review When Stars Come Out because when I read the blurb I found it interesting and the cover of the book well—can we say it was catchy and right cover for the book. I know this might sound crazy but after reading the blurb and looking at the cover and well basically studying it something called to me saying you have to sign up to review this book, you have to sign up so that’s what I did.
When a book calls to me it usually ends up being a good book.
HOW I JUDGE BOOKS
How I judge books is pretty simple:
3📚=I Like It
4📚=I Really Like It
5📚=Excellent Book With No Bad Language
RECOMMENDATION AND WHO SHOULD READ THE BOOK.
First let me say my rating is my opinion only. Since it’s a Young Adult genre I would recommend this book to teenagers and up. Be warned though there is some use of the F-word and other bad language but not much. I would let the parents use their best judgement.
**CONTACT PAGE** — TO BE USED TO KEEP COMMENTS PRIVATE!!
**COMMENTS** — TO GET YOUR COMMENTS TO SHOW UP SCROLL DOWN TO COMMENT/REPLY SECTION. COMMENTS MAY NOT SHOW UP RIGHT AWAY BECAUSE COMMENT MODERATION IS ENABLED. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR STOPPING BY AND READING, VIEWING AND ESPECIALLY FOR YOUR PATIENCE.