Growing up,I always had some sort of pet for as long as I can remember from Chameleons to Cats. Today I want to tell you about a dog I used to have and her name was Kandy. Kandy was a German Shepherd/Husky mix. We got her as puppy dog. Since she was part German Shepherd/Husky we knew she would be a “runner” and we were right. I don’t know how many times she got away from us all because she was stronger and faster than my family and I.
We hadn’t had problems with her chewing until one evening my family and I came home to a gaping hole in the wall that shouldn’t be there. Let me try to explain. Our house was 100+ years old at that time and some of our walls had paneling. Our jaws almost dropped to the floor in disbelief at what we were looking at. So off to to the vet we go with Kandy to make sure she was OK and didn’t ingest anything she shouldn’t have or anything dangerous. We were fortunate that everything was OK with Kandy. Our vet did give us a tip to curb chewing in Dogs. The tip our vet gave us and you’re more than welcome to use is: Give your Dog(s) a Pine Log to curb their chewing. She also told us a Pine Log is healthy for your Dog(s). Let me tell you we tried this tip and it really worked. The hole is fixed and can’t tell where it was.
1. Daisy Mae And I started our Blogging Journey well as a fluke. I kept getting all these pop ups and Ads about start blogging WordPress several times a day. I guess you could say we got tired of seeing these ads so we started blogging out of pure curiosity. That was 3 years ago soon to be 4 on CRYSTAL AND DAISY MAE’S PHOTO-BLOGGING SITE and we just celebrated our 4th year over at WELCOME TO CRYSTAL’S SITE(ORIGINALLY COUNTRY LIVING) . You see, I started WELCOME TO CRYSTAL’S SITE (ORIGINALLY COUNTRY LIVING) first which was in Jan. 2017 and started CRYSTAL AND DAISY MAE’S PHOTO-BLOGGING SITE in April of 2017. I have contributed to other blogs and just started another blog this past year in 2020 on the Google/Blogger platform. My blog over there is called TIGGER AND FRIENDS .
2. One thing about my blog or my blogging goal that you accomplished in 2020, that made you most proud. I finished my first 5 book box set draft.That’s right you read that right. I was able to learn how to continue using Classic Editor despite WordPress introducing and implementing The New Block Editor (which I hate might I add).
3. Which of my 2020 posts was most popular with my audience? Why do I think it did so well? Well I was surprised at my most popular post. It seems it was my Home Page/Archives post with 146 views. However after that, is my post A Tribute to Tigger with 53 views. Another popular post was An Unexpected Friendship with 76 views (Sept. 2019). Why did these posts do so well? I think people want to see who I am and what’s our blog about and A Tribute To Tigger did well I think because of the love of Cats, animal lovers, people who love poetry, people just curious to see who we are but most of all our wonderful regular readers.
4. What was the biggest blogging challenge we faced in 2020, and how did we tackle it? Our biggest challenge was trying to make time to put up posts on our blog. How did we tackle it? We posted when we could and “played everything by ear”.
5. What is one thing we learned 2020 that can help us be better bloggers? Actually, the one thing I learned to help us all become better was right after I started blogging. I learned how important a blog title and blog tag is and my one thing we learned in 2020 was how to still be able to use Classic Editor after the Block Editor was implemented.
6. What are our top 3 goals for 2021?
a.To post more.
b. To get more readers andfollowers.
c.To comment more.
d.To start writing a book and get at least part of it completed.
7. In a perfect world, where do we see ourselves and your blog(s) 1 year from now? There is no such thing as a perfect world. With how 2020 was and 2021 started out well we really don’t know. However, we hope things get better all around and we’re still here a year from now. We’re hoping for more posts, followers, readers and so much more.
8. If you had $1,000 to spend on your blog how would you spend it? We would buy a custom domain name and use some money for SEO too. We’re not good SEO/technical stuff.
9. What is one skill we’d like to learn or improve in 2021? SEO/Technical stuff. We hope that gets better.
10. If you could ask the pet blogging community for help with challenge you’re having with your blog, what would it be? MMM… Can only ask 1 question huh? Meowsers that’s a hard question. How can we improve our blog with our SEO/technical stuff and why is it so important? We promise this is all 1 question. We need to ask our wonderful pet blogging community a lot of questions.
Today I want to talk about one of my Cats. Her name is Snowball. Snowball was rescued/adopted after she survived by going from house to house trying to survive and find food however she could.
One afternoon, Snowball came to our house hoping to find food which she did I might add. In addition, she also found and figured out that it was the Dad who she had to convince to let her into to his life as she had already had convinced the rest of the family. So when the Dad lade down on the glider to rest, she hopped on the glider with the Dad and snuggled tight up against in hopes to convince Dad to give her a furrever loving home. Well guess what? Yep, it worked. That day Snowball got her furrever, loving home.
Below are a few pictures of Snowball. I think you will enjoy them.
1. I hope my furrever family’s love never changes.
2. The luckiest I have ever been was when I got my furrever, loving family.
3. I never thought I would agree with Mom Crystal, but I did.
4. I’m waiting for the day that this COVID thing goes away for good.
1. I hope the love I have for my Cat and other animals never changes.
2. The luckiest I’ve ever been was when I had a pet as my friend.
3. I never thought I would see the day our Capitol Building was breached and stormed, but I did.
4. I’m waiting for the day to come when I see God because I have so many questions for Him.
Also, we ask you all to check out Angel Tigger’s Friendly Fill – In answers over at her blog which can be found by clicking on the following link: FRIENDLY FILL – INS WITH TIGGER and Angel Tigger’s other blog posts are at the following link: TIGGER AND FRIENDS .
Hi everyone, welcome to CRYSTAL AND DAISY MAE’S PHOTO-BLOGGING SITE. As most of you know my our site is so much more than photos. However, for those who are visiting our site for the very first welcome and we hope you come back. Today, I’ll be reviewing a paperback book.
Title Of Book: THE Light Catcher MURDERS
Author: Jo Cassie McCrae
Type Of Book: Mystery/Suspense/Intrigue
Author’s Book Excerpt
NESTLED IN THE SCENIC TEXAS HILL COUNTRY, THE COZY TOWN OF WHEATON CREEK SEEMED AN IDYLLIC PLACE TO ESCAPE THE WORLD’S INCREASINGLY HARSH REALITIES. AT LEAST, THAT’S WHAT KATE ATHERTON THOUGHT.
HAVING ENJOYED A LONG, SUCCESSFUL CAREER WITH A SPECIALIZED, HIGHLY SECRET FEDERAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY, CRISES IN BOTH KATE ATHERTON’S PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL LIFE DROVE HER TO EARLY RETIREMENT AND, ULTIMATELY, TO WHEATON CREEK. THE SMALL TOWN WAS THE PERFECT PLACE FOR HER AND HER FORMER-MILITARY HUSBAND TO ESCAPE WHAT HAD COME TO FEEL LIKE A WORLD MADE UP OF WARS, HATRED, FEAR, AND ULTIMATELY DEATH. AND, AT FIRST, THE ESCAPE WAS ALL KATE HAD HOPED FOR. THEN MURDER CAME TO WHEATON CREEK-A CRIME THAT THE COUNTY SHERIFF SEEMS DETERMINED TO PIN ON KATE’S PHOTOGRAPHER FRIEND, LUCY CELEK.
LUCY’S WORK HAS BEEN CHOSEN TO APPEAR AT A PRESTIGIOUS PHOTOGRAPHY FESTIVAL, A FESTIVAL THAT COULD TAKE HER FROM AMATEUR TO PROFESSIONAL STANDING. ALL GOES WELL UNTIL THE GATHERING DISPLAYING HER WORK IS BROKEN INTO, AND ONE OF LUCY’S PHOTOGRAPHS IS VANDALIZED. A WEEK LATER, THE MAN LUCY SUSPECTED OF DESTROYING HER PHOTOGRAPH-A FELLOW PHOTOGRAPHER WHO WAS ANGRY THAT HIS OWN WORK WAS NOT CHOSEN BY THE FESTIVAL COMMITTEE-IS MURDERED. FACED WITH A SHERIFF WHO SHOWS LITTLE INTEREST IN EXPANDING HIS LIST OF SUSPECTS BEYOND LUCY, KATE FEELS SHE MUST DUST OFF HER PUZZLE-SOLVING SKILLS TO FIND THE REAL KILLER. MURDER IS JUST THE BEGINNING, THOUGH, AS KATE’S SLEUTHING BEGINS TO REVEAL A TANGLED WEB OF CRIMES THAT GO BEYOND ANYTHING SHE COULD HAVE IMAGINED.
What I Thought:
Wow!! This book is mysterious, suspenseful, very intriguing, a page turner, easy to read, lots of plot twists and turns, keeps you guessing and on the edge of your seat. I actually hated to put this book down. I loved this book. This book was excellent and well written. Kudos to the author. I look forward to reading the rest of this author’s books in print format.
My Book Recommendation:
I highly recommend this book and suggest you go out and buy this book, read it yourself and hopefully review it. I will definitely be reading this book again in the future.
A Friendly Suggestion:
Parents, Grandparents, Legal Guardians, if for some reason you question whether your kids or grandkids should read the book just by reading the book excerpt or by looking at the book cover then I suggest you read the book first yourself then make your decision. But I found nothing wrong with reading this book.
I reached out to the author to review her books. She provided me with a paperback copy of the book in exchange for my honest review. The above review is my honest review. I do not charge to do reviews.
Hi everyone, guess who it is? Well did you guess who, hah, hah, hah, hah? If you guessed it’s me Daisy Mae then you’re right. If you are wondering what’s a Secret Paw I can assure you’re not alone. You see the Secret Paw program is similar to the Secret Sister or for you men the Secret Brother Program. The first thing you have to do is whether or not if you want to join. The Secret Paw Program is done on a yearly basis meaning if you want in 2021 you’ll join in November or early December then if you don’t want in the next year no worries, no problem.
When Mom Crystal told me she signed me up for the Secret Paw Program, I was really excited. It meant I got to share Christmas not just with my family but with my Secret Paw. Also, it meant I got to show a special Kitty Cat some love by sending them a special gift.
This ismy 1st Secret Paw Christmas. No, No this isn’t my 1st Christmas. Actually far from it. You see I’m 14 years old, a few months, a few days and a few hours old. Actually next year, I become old enough to become a Crotchety Cougar.
I got my gifts to that special Kitty Cat & Mom Crystal picked out and paid for the gifts. She had the tough job. The package was sent and delivered — Yeah!!
Well guess what? I finally got my gifts from my Secret Paw Yesterday in the mail which was December 12, 2020. Although my gifts came yesterday, Mom Crystal And I only opened the one. I hated to have to wait to Christmas Eve Day to open my gifts, which is tradition at our house. So what did I get? OOOOHHHH…. wait to you hear. I got:
1. A Pet Water Fountain.
2. Fresh Pack Treats — A variety of flavors.
3. 30 oz. Chicken Treats by Temptations.
4. A pole with a feather at the end that extends up to 4 feet.
5. A laser light.
6. Mom Crystal got Goats Milk soap.
That’s right, my Secret Paw was nice enough and thoughtful enough to get Mom Crystal something too.
We want to give a huge Thank You to my Secret Paw and their Human.
You all are probably wondering who my Secret Paw is. So who is it? Well first, let me say I was really surprised who it was. Second, my Secret Paw wasn’t one Kitty Cat like I expected it was group of pets. Their names are: Sherpa, Harry, Puffball, Fang, Queenie and Cappuccino the Bunny plus we can’t forget their human Patty.
I want to thank you all for my nice gifts. I love them and Mom Crystal loves her gifts too. I love them so much, I think I might get in it next year if all goes well.
P.S. If anyone knows what their blog site address is, please let us know. Thanks Again.
Mom Crystal And I Daisy Mae, want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy New Year to you all. We also hope it will be a healthy and safe 2021 too.
Today Daisy Mae And I have an almost Wordless Wednesday & A Special Pet Parade for Christmas week. OK so there are no animals in the picture unless you count that guy in the red sleigh in a red suit with a black belt. Technically, Santa is an animal too.
A Christmas joke for you all today.
Christmas Joke: Why shouldn’t you pick a fight with Santa Claus?
Answer To Christmas Joke: Because he has a black belt!!
LOVE’S PURE LIGHT is a collection of 4 Christmas novellas by 4 different authors. The authors for these Christmas novellas are: Susanne Dietze, Shannon McNear, Deborah Raney and Janine Roche.
Story #1 is called While Shepherds Watch Are Keeping by Susanne Dietze is set in Massachusetts, 1899 and the excerpt is:
This Christmas, Pastor Seth Shepherd has little to offer his flock of congregants in their time of need until Jessalyn Grant, a mysterious newcomer, comes to his aid.
Story #2 is called The Wise Guy and the Star by Shannon McNear is set in South Carolina to Missouri, 1919 and the excerpt is:
While journeying by train, Stella Shepherd befriends war veteran Nat Wise. She helps him find renewed faith in God, but could he also be the answer to the wanderings of her own heart?
Story #3 is called On Angel Wings by Janine Rosche is set in Kansas City, Missouri, 1945 and the excerpt is:
Elodie Wise plans a fundraising ball with the help of her friend Benjamin Gabriel. But can she look past the swanky Hollywood headliner to see the man who truly loves her?
Story #4 is called Making Room at the Inn by Deborah Raney is set in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, Present Day and the excerpt is:
Benjie Gabriel thinks the chef’s position she’s taken at an award-winning bed and breakfast is temporary—just a steppingstone. The B &B’s owner, Trevor Keye, thinks the same. Will five months be long enough for them to figure out that what they’ve each been longing for, praying for, is right beneath their noses.
What I Thought Of Each Story?
What I thought of each story the short stories were incredible, intriguing, suspenseful, romantic, kept you on the edge of your seat and guessing what happened next and wondering how each short story ended. I loved each story so much that I hated to put the book down.
My recommendation for all these short stories that make up the book Love’s Pure light is that I highly recommend it. I suggest you go out and buy, read and review this book. This book is clean so it’s a book everyone can read. I loved it and think you will too.
My rating for the book Love’s Pure Light is off the charts. What I mean by that is I rate the book at 5+ stars. Yes, the book was that good.
Daisy Mae And I are just heartbroken. We found out today more of our Kitty Cat friends have earned their wings and passed over The Rainbow Bridge. With 2020 being rough on us all in one way or another and Christmas around the corner, we’ve a lot to do including keeping 2020 at bay. The year 2020 has taken so many of our pets and Kitty Cat friends and made their Human owners heartbroken and really, really sad.
In the last few days, we have found out that we need send condolences to more Human pet owners. This time, they lost their Kitty Cats. To give these pet owners condolences please visit their sites and leave a comment. The most recent pet owners who lost a pet are:
Miss Ellen at 15 AND MEOWING who just lost Jinx, her beautiful Kitty Cat.
These 3 Kitty Cats joined the other pets who passed in 2020 and before and left their owners heartbroken. Although right now sadness and plenty of tears are in these pet owners eyes, in time their pain will ease but one thing is 100% for sure and that’s they’ll never forget their pet they lost.
Although all the pet owners who lost a friend in 2020 and before are sad right now always remember, your pet may not be by your side but will always be in your heart.
Your memories are golden of your pet and are meant to be shared with your friends & family. I don’t know what else to say Daisy Mae And I are just heartbroken at these deaths and so many happening too.
For those of you skeptical of The Rainbow Bridge, I assure you that there is a pet heaven too. Now I never heard of The Rainbow Bridge until I started blogging but always believed that there was a Pet heaven. God loves all his animals and will always love them.
To those who recently lost a pet, our condolences. If you ever lost any type of pet in 2020 or before, you know the heartbreak of losing a pet. Yes, I even know that heartbreak and sadly have experienced many times over like some of you probably have.
Best Wishes To All Of You.
Always remember my friends, Cats leave paw prints on our hearts.
Hi everyone, it’s that time of the year where you go out to the store and buy gifts for friends and family. However, COVID 19 has tried it’s best to put the Kibosh on Christmas and the holidays this year. But whatever you do, don’t you let it. Yes, you’ll have to get creative on how to celebrate Christmas, Hanukah and the holidays this year but celebrate responsibly. Mom Crystal and I have been trying to get creative but it’s tough when you’re not that crafty. Anyhow, we have written letters to Santa. See our Letter to Santa below.
Crystal & Daisy Mae’s Letter To Santa
I know it’s been crazy this year due to this Pandemic called COVID 19. I’m here to tell you don’t give up and keep pursuing Christmas 2020 as it was any other Christmas. We love your work and what you bring us each year.
Anyway Santa, Mom Crystal and I have a special request for you this Christmas in this crazy year. Our request/favor is we would like you to give those who can’t make ends meat or pay their bills please provide them a way to do these things. Also, we ask that the pandemic goes away completely and doesn’t come back. Give each person a special gift whether they deserve it or not. Also, please give Mom Crystal and I a special gift too.
1. My favorite Christmas(or Hanukkah) gift is When I got my furrever and loving home( OK so it was September when I got my loving & furrever home but close enough).
2. This holiday season I will miss Mom Crystal’s fleece Tony Stewart blanket.
3. I would like Santa to bring me no the whole world a special gift for everyone including Mom Crystal and myself. Santa I really would like a new catnip pad to lay on that has the good catnip Hint, Hint.
4. You might find a gift from Secret Paw under my Christmastree this year.
1. My favorite Christmas Cats are Angel Tigger and Daisy Mae.
2. This holiday season I will miss my big Santa and putting gifts under the tree.
3. I would like Santa to bring me the good news that COVID 19 has left completely and is never coming back.
4. You might find a Christmasbulb under my Christmas tree this year.
Cyber Monday 2020 has come and is almost over. Some places like Amazon had Cyber Monday longer than just 1 day. How many of you were shopping all day? I usually don’t shop on Cyber Monday but this year I did. You see I got into this Christmas Program called Secret Paws well Daisy Mae did and I just get to spend the money[more about that in a later post]. I’ve had fun shopping on Amazon for the past few days and finally put my order in tonight. I can’t wait to hear about your Cyber Monday shopping adventures and things went. I know just when I thought I had my gifts and set to order Amazon, they said the items couldn’t be shipped to that address. Not one item so back to the drawing board.
I’m very thankful for these animals in the above picture because they are our friends and teach us that we need to be kind to everyone no matter how different we are. Always remember, We are all different in one way or another. I’m also thankful for finishing my 5 book Series WOOT WOOT!!!!!
My Sunday Selfies is of the two Cats above in the picture and also in the picture with Deer, Squirrel and Bunny Rabbit.
I’m excited and thrilled to tell you my wonderful readers I Did It, I Finally Did It, I Really Did It. Can I get a WOOT WOOT!! Book 5 of The Royal Murder Mysteries Series is now completed. Although this 5 book series was written for fun and done just to see if I could do it, I never in my wildest dreams thought I would be able to write this 5 book series.
After I first got started writing this 5 book series, I found myself setting small goals for myself and also large goals. For example, my small goals consisted of finishing a chapter and an example of a large goal is I would give myself a year to finish one book. Which was met for all books I might add. Also In my first year I wrote three books, In my second year I wrote one book and my third and final year my 5th book. Meeting all these goals met the world to me and really kept encouraging me.
Although writing this 5 book series was funto write, it was hard work a lot of hard work. I couldn’t have done it without the encouragement and mentoring from my friend Amorette Anderson who is also is an author and great writer. She encouraged me the whole way.
So if you’re thinking of being a writer but don’t think you have the talent or don’t think you can do it, think again. That dream of writing isn’t there by accident. If you’re going to dream Dream Big and nurture that writing dream. It won’t happen overnight but it will happen and let me tell you because I know from experience, those little goals in writing a book you complete and make you feel so good you should celebrate those too.
I still remember when I first started writing. It was way back when I was in college many, many years ago when my one professor took the class to hear Maya Angelou speak. Hearing this woman speak was just mesmerizing and just incredible. I can still here her telling everyone to never give up. After that, I started writing poems and short stories and just a few years ago found out I could write books too. I also wrote a post on some things you need to do or try to do and you can find that by going to Coronations, A Surprise, Jailbreak & Capture: The Royal Murder Mysteries – Book 5 Update . I do hope you go to the above link.
Good Luck With Your Writing. By the way, if you’re a blogger then you’re a writer.