My nephew got a new bow for his birthday. With plenty of practice he got a deer when he went out hunting on the first try. He was excited. Is this a hunting trophy? Not sure of your opinion but I think my nephew might think it is.
ABOUT THE BROTHERHOOD Of The World Award:
I couldn’t find anything online about the history and origin of this award. However, I will tell you that The Brotherhood Of The World Award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers.
THE RULES OF THE BROTHERHOOD OF THE WORLD AWARD:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the questions sent to you.
- Nominate around ten bloggers.
- Create your set of questions for your nominees.
- List the rules and display the Brotherhood Of The World logo in your post and/or blog.
I would like to Thank samanthamurdochblog for nominating me for this award. She has a great site and you can access it by CLICKING HERE .
QUESTIONS FROM SAMANTHAMURDOCHBLOG(MY ANSWERS ARE IN ITALICS):
- What Makes You Angry? When people can’t accept the results of something that happened a year ago. For example the Presidential Election. Also when people disrespect the flag and our military. I could go on and on but won’t.
- What Was Your Last Random Act Of Kindness? Giving my hair stylist a $5 tip when I only wanted to give her a $1 tip. Also, helped Mom and Dad put plastic up to keep the wind and snow out.
- What Is Your Key To Happiness? Interesting question. My key to happiness is simple it is God and the Bible.
- What Is Your Philosophy Of Life In Three Words? Faith, Hope, Love
MY NOMINEES ARE:
- WELCOME TO CRYSTAL’S SITE(ORIGINALLY COUNTRY LIVING)
- Claire Yang Writes
- Canny Catnip Nook
- His Perfect Timing
- Cats and Life
- Dear Anita/Dear Cassie
- Oh, Elwood! (& Friendz)
- And Finally… To anyone who has stopped and read this and would like to do this award go ahead because it’s the Brotherhood Of The World Award. Everyone who has a blog deserves this award.
BROTHERHOOD QUESTIONS TO MY NOMINEES:
- Why Did You Start Your Blog(s)?
- How Do You Stay Happy When Something Bad Happens?
- Do You Collect Anything?
- Do You Have Pets And If So, What Kind?
- Any Words Of Wisdom And/Or Suggestions For Newbie Bloggers?
As usual, there is no obligation to accept this award, it’s just a nice way to show appreciation and recognition to the other bloggers, and pass it on.
Thanks For Reading.
Today is Day 6 and today we organized our sidebar. Today we had to add 1 widget to our sidebar. However, we didn’t have to keep it. The areas we covered today were:
- What widgets are and how they’re useful.
- How to Choose the right widgets for your blog.
- Basic ways to customize widgets.
The one thing I want to learn is how to move your widgets around to where you want them. I know it sounds crazy but I’d like to learn this in case I decide I want to move my widgets around. Maybe it’s not crazy after all.
Today is Day 4 of 10 of my blogging course. Almost halfway there-Yeah!!🙂🙂 Today the three areas we covered were:
- How to add and edit backgrounds.
- Color relationships, and how to use them.
- How to choose and update fonts.
Every blogger has the opportunity to do this. Myself included.
Tomorrow is 1/2 way-Yeah!!🎆🎆🙂🙂🎆🎆
It’s Day 3 of 10 of my blogging course and we’re learning about Custom headers. The 3 areas we covered today were:
- How to turn any photo into a custom header.
- How to create a custom graphic or text header.
- The finishing touches that highlight your new header.
Today is day 14 of 14 for my Fundamentals Of Blogging Course. I’m so excited I made it through my blogging course. Today I have to Create My Own Feature for my blog. What does that mean? It means to find readers on a daily basis I should commit to something on a weekly, biweekly or monthly basis.
What am I going to commit to on a regular basis? After some thought, I thought I would do book reviews of some books I have read and book reviews on books I will read. Of course I will continue to post pictures too.
If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to let me know and I will look at them then consider every suggestion. Also, please tell me what you think of my idea on doing book reviews regularly. Like I said previously, I will consider all suggestions.
Today is Day 13 of 14 of my Fundamentals Of Blogging Course so I’m almost Done. I haven’t decided if I’m going to take any more courses or not.
What We Learned:
Today we learned how to Build Your Brand. I was confused when I saw the title but when I read on I understood a little better what they wanted and meant. So what did they want? They wanted you to build a custom icon. This is how they told us to do it.
How We Did It:
- First, they told us to choose a little image to represent your blog – a small photo, your initials, or a piece of your header image all work well.
- Next, we were told to click on the General Settings tab that was provided to us.
- Finally, we were to click on the “Choose File” under the Site Icon tools on the right to upload your image, and follow the prompts to save it.
Then after we were given these steps, were told if you want to change your image, you can find the uploading tool by going to My Site > Settings > Site Icon.
I have chosen as my Site Icon a picture of what the country looks like in the Fall. Someone from my sister’s family, the Eyth Family took the picture. In my opinion it is a beautiful picture and makes a good site icon for CRYSTAL’S PHOTO-BLOGGING SITE.
For Day 12 of my Fundamentals Of Blogging Course, we had to go to The Daily Post Prompts page and scroll down to the grid of responses. Then I had to pick 6 responses that caught my eye and read them. Then I had to leave comments on at least 2 of the responses. If you skipped the day before, then all you had to do was to leave 2 comments anywhere you’d like and follow 2 new blogs.
Even though I may have the choice to skip a day, my thoughts are if you don’t do the course work you don’t learn anything. Also, if you took this course then do the course work.
I was recently nominated for THE BLUE SKY TAG AWARD and THE LIEBSTER AWARD by https://daisymae2017.wordpress.com. I feel honored for being nominated for both of these awards. I would like to thank daisymae2017 for nominating me for both of these Awards. You can check out daisymae2017’s amazing blog Here . You’ll be glad you did.
Because I was nominated for 2 awards, this will be a combination post talking about both awards.
Rules Or Process Of The Award:
- Pay regards to the person who nominated you.
- List 11 facts about yourself.
- Nominate other bloggers.
- Inform them of the nomination.
- Give answers to all the questions you are asked.
- Ask your nominees some questions.
Once again thank you so much daisymae2017 for this awesome opportunity.
11 Facts about myself:
- I’m a redhead
- I have 2 degrees
- I’m not married
- I live in Pennsylvania
- I have 2 sisters who are fraternal twins
- I’m a female
- I have naturally curly hair
- I’ve never colored my hair
- I don’t have kids
- I love the country
- I love animals especially cats and dogs
My Blog Nominees Are:
- Bad Cat Chris
- Cats and Life
- The Recipe Hunter
- How To Addict
- Tanglewood Knots
- Your Present Blessings
- Wedgieboy’s Blog
- Animals Are Wonderful
- Pure Glory
- samanthamurdoch blog
- Cats and Trails and Garden Tales
- Harmony Books & Films, LLC
- The Introverted Book Nerd
- The Canadian Cats
- Brian’s Home
- April’s Perspective
- Pet Zoo Kibbutz Shiller
- spike the scottish black cat
- Feline Cafe`
- Daily Feline Wisdom
ANSWERS TO DAISYMAE2017’S QUESTIONS ARE:
- Why did you start blogging and do you like blogging? I started blogging for fun and out of curiosity. I do like blogging.
- Any advice you want to give newbie bloggers? Yes. My advice for newbie bloggers is take bloggers course and not just the fundamentals of blogging either.
- What was the happiest day of your life and Why? Happiest day of my life was the day I accept Christ as my savior and as for why? Because now I know where I’m going when I die.
- What’s your favorite type of music and why? My favorite type of music is hard to say because I like different kinds of music.
- What’s your favorite tv show? NCIS
- Have You Watched a horror Movie and if so What was it? Yes I have. The name was IT.
- What’s your favorite animal? Cats
- Do you give to any organizations? Yes
- Where do you want to be 5 years from now? I want to be where God wants me.
- How old are you and what’s your job? I’m ?? and unemployed.
QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:
Since these were good questions, I have decided to ask the same questions. So please answer the above 10 questions that I already answered.
Today is Day 11 of my Fundamentals Of Blogging Course. Today I’m to make a prompt personal. How I do this is going to The Daily Post and see what the Daily prompt is and if it doesn’t move me, I’m to try another. I’m also to give a link to the prompt so that others can find my post on the prompt page.
Today The Daily Prompt Is: Overcome so that is what my post is about:
Overcoming something personal is never easy to do but it is well worth it in the end because what you’re striving to overcome you will eventually see the light at the end of the tunnel and when you do, it will be one happy day for you when you finally overcome your troubles.
When I was in Elementary School, is when I had to start overcoming my troubles. You see, I was picked on and/or bullied the whole way through Elementary School and High School and then after High School graduation, I got told by a counselor that I would never go to college. Not a good feeling.
But in the end, everything turned out for the best. My parents and grandparents supported me and I started out at a community college and graduated from there then transferred up to a 4 year college and graduated from there. Although, I had one professor think that the best thing for me would be to drop his class. When I stuck it out and passed his class he took me aside and told me he was glad I stuck his class out and that he was happy for me.
When I graduated, I was very happy because I had something no one could take from me-a degree. Also I was happy because I did something that I was told I would never do.
The End Result:
The end result was me not ending up with one degree but two degrees. I had overcome being picked on and bullied in school as well as being told I couldn’t do something. Overcoming this wasn’t easy but with support from my family I eventually overcame everything.
Everyone has something they need to overcome so don’t think you are alone because you’re not. With support you’ll eventually overcome your problems. Some problems are harder to overcome than others so they will take longer to resolve. Once again if you have support you’ll find out it’s easier to face.
Links To The Daily Post: