Now I don’t know about anyone else but in my opinion bacon in almost any recipe is great and you can’t go wrong. Today’s recipe comes from a wonderful site called Two Spoiled Cats . This site I just love.
Ten Eggs (important ingredient in an omelette!)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 dashes hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- 1/2 pound bacon – cooked, and chopped into bite – size pieces
- 1 (4 i) can black olives, drained
- 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup Colby – Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat an 8 inch square baking dish with non – stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and milk. With an electric mixer, beat until frothy. Blend in salt and hot pepper sauce. Stir in bacon, olives, tomatoes, green onions, mushrooms and cheese. Pour into prepared pan, and cover with lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until eggs are set in the center.
If there is an ingredient you either don’t like or want in your River Omelette DON’T PUT IT IN!! It’s that easy. As for the cheese if you prefer American, Provolone, Swiss or some other cheese instead of Colby – Monterey Jack cheese please feel free to use it. As we all know THAT the bacon is the most important ingredient then the eggs. Now maybe you’ll try it for Breakfast, another meal or even serve your mother Breakfast in bed.