Today is day 10/10 of my blogging course Branding And Growth and you know what that means. This is my last blogging course and assignment for a while. YIPEE!!
Today’s task is that I’m to do an SEO audit on my blog. I’m also to pick one thing to fix or work on today.
WHAT I FIXED AND WORKED
- I updated my WordPress profile.
- I worked on tags not relevant to my post. To Many Tags according to WordPress can make seem like a spammer even though you aren’t.
HOW TO AUDIT YOUR BLOG’S SEO
- Consider Key Words – You’ll want to make sure you brainstorm the most important keywords for your site and use them frequently in your tagline, posts and tags. For example, if you were a travel blogger your key words might include “travel”, “vacation”, “hotel”, the names of destination cities, and other related words such as “nomad” or “backpacking”.
- Write A Descriptive Tagline – Even if your theme doesn’t display your tagline, search engines can see it. Make sure your tagline accurately describes what your blog is about. Your tagline is a great place for your most important keywords.
- Ensure Your Profile Is Complete – Ensure your name, screen name, and most importantly your blog’s URL appears on your Profile links. This is especially important when you comment on other people’s blogs.
- Put Yourself Out There – Make time to visit the reader, follow blogs your interested in and comment thoughtfully on other people’s blogs. Every time you comment on someone’s blog, you also leave your name and URL automatically ( provided your profile is complete). People are naturally curious about the awesome someone who left a thoughtful comment and they’ll follow the link back to your site to learn more about you.
- Publish Regularly – Make sure that you’re offering new content frequently so that Google comes crawling to index your site.
- Be Selective With Tags – Choose only the tags most relevant to your posts. Posts with too many tags can be viewed as spammy and those with a combination of 15 tags or more may not appear in the Reader(this I didn’t know).
MORE READING ON SEO(LINKS)
- Search Engines
- All About SEO on WordPress.com
- SEO and Your Blog
- Three Google Search Console Tips for Better SEO
- Bing Webmaster Tools: Three Steps To Search Engine Domination
- How to Publish Posts that Search Engines Will Love
FOR MORE SUPPORT ON SEO(LINKS)
All of these tips, tools and links can help you with your blog. I learned a lot from this blogging course. Any suggestions or feedback please use comment section or contact form below.